Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IPoga
Novice

Available memory, XMP and Bus Speed

Hi,

I've just purchased a DH87MC motherboard and I have the following issues:

1. When I enable XMP, in BIOS I can see the ratio going to 12 and result going to 1600MHz but the final result in windows is 1333MHz. Only when I manually select 1600 then it works fine.

2. Usable memory is 7.8GB, even though I've disabled onboard graphics.[Windows7 x64 Professional]

3. The system memory buss is at 99.77 instead of 100MHz, resulting in lower frequencies for my CPU [i7 4770]

• I've tried playing around with the EIST and other turbo features, no success
  • Initially in the system I had the bus to 100MHz but the multiplier was fixed at 30, so the resulting frequency was 3GHz, not the default 3.4GHz

I have the latest BIOS installed [0047]

Any suggestion is kindly appreciated.

Thank you.

8 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

As it has been indicated by Peter Wertz and Dr. Strangelove at:

The amount of memory that you see reported would be expected.

I have to acknowledge that we may need to test on that XMP issue you are reporting, so please, provide the following information to move further on this:

* Board Altered Assembly Number (AA# ):

* Board Serial Number (SN# ):

* BIOS version:

* Processor model:

* Memory part number and manufacturer:

* Power Supply model and wattage:

* PCI Express* card manufacturer and model:

Please use the Intel® System Identification Utility using the following site:

http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29 http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29

That will generate an 8 digits code called Report Reference ID. Please let us have that code, this will provide us information on what is being detected on your system.

IPoga
Novice

Hi Diego,

Rerefence number 0199 5663

AA - AAG74242-401

SN - BTMC317004VZ

BIOS - 0047

MEMORY:

I've tried:

• 2x Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K2/4GX [Total of 8GB]
  • 2x Corsair Vengence CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B [Total of 16GB]

PSU - Antec Earthwatts 500W

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 260 216P GV-N26OC-896I

I cannot set different voltage for RAM, it seems to get stuck at 1.5V instead of 1.65 which I needed for the HyperX pair

DArce
Valued Contributor III

Thank you, let me forward this information for further investigation and get back to you.

IPoga
Novice

Any feedback ?

I also have a case logged, number 8000726050.

Thanks.

DArce
Valued Contributor III

The case is still under investigation, as soon as we have an update we will let you know.

IPoga
Novice

One more thing please.

I am getting random BSOD's, quite frequently [5 time per day]. It might be related to not being able to set the voltage.

DArce
Valued Contributor III

Thank you for the feedback. In fact this might be related to using the memory at a voltage that is not the tested one by the memory manufacturer.

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for your patient. I just received information from engineering that this issue has been fixed with new BIOS update.

Please access the link below to get latest version 0153:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23487&ProdId=3603&lang=eng&OSVersion...

Allan.