cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

BIOS BEH6110H.86A.0020.2011.0218.1538

Can the BIOS BEH6110H.86A.0020.2011.0218.1538 still be updated,

I get remark on unsupported legacy bios at trying to install BEH6110H.86A.0120.EB.EXE?

JC

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Get the bios from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23393/BIOS-Update-BEH6110H-86A- Download BIOS Update [BEH6110H.86A]

Use the method described here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005630/boards-and-kits.html Recovery BIOS Update Instructions for Intel® Desktop Boards

This will require you to have a fat32 formatted usb2.0 stick, with just the .bio file on it, and removing the bios configuration jumper on the board.

Follow the instructions, be patient, and have a good backup of your system before you do anything.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

You will also want to read this document before proceeding: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005859.html Updating the BIOS to Support 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors. As well, understand that there can sometimes be a required order for installing BIOS updates. Check the BIOS Release Notes (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23393/eng/BE_0120_ReleaseNotes.pdf here) for more information...

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank You

but this disturbs more than it helps regarding the prior email by Al Hill

Attached views of my motherboard ea.

I can't discern if I should update to version 0048 prior to 0120 following the BIOS update release not.

I'm runneng Win 7, I can't find the Intel ME on my bios specs fi.

Please advice

0 Kudos
Highlighted

What to do, specific to your BE BIOS, is explained in the BE BIOS Release Notes. It also explains how to determine what version of the Management Engine firmware is running. You can access these release notes here: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23393/eng/BE_0120_ReleaseNotes.pdf BE BIOS 0120 Release Notes. This (edited) excerpt covers your situation:

If the computer's current BIOS version is earlier than 0048,

1. You must first update to version 0048, using one of these methods: Express BIOS Update or iFlash Update.

2. Check if the Intel Management Engine (Intel ME) Firmware is version 7.x or 8.x.

a) Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.

b) Go to the Main > System Identification Information screen.

c) The Intel ME version is listed here. You may have to scroll down to see it.

d) Press F10 to exit BIOS Setup.

3. If the Intel ME version is 7.x, use the BE0048.BIO file to do a BIOS Recovery and then check the Intel ME Firmware version again to confirm that version 8.x has been installed.

4. You must now update to version 0099, using one of these methods: Express BIOS Update, F7 BIOS Flash Update or iFlash Update.

5. Finally, update to BIOS 120, using one of these methods: Express BIOS Update, F7 BIOS Flash Update or iFlash Update.

There are no special steps required for updating from a BIOS version later than 0099 to a more current BIOS version.

With the exception of Step 1, I recommend not using the Express BIOS Update method. I recommend you use the F7 method.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am following above steps for m,y PC. What is step 3? how to do BOIS recovery?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks Al, but we need to say a little more than this:

• Use a USB 2.0 flash drive; do not use USB 3.0 flash drives.
  • Because of compatibility issues with 3rd-party (Linux and macOS) FAT32 file system implementations and because of differences in the low-level formatting performed by Linux-based bulk formatting platforms, you must do the following to your USB 2.0 flash disk to prepare it for use in the BIOS Recovery process:
    • On a Windows-based PC (NOT Linux- or macOS-based), reformat the USB 2.0 flash disk using the FAT32 file system, with (very important!) the Quick Format option disabled.
    • Sorry for how long it takes to format USB 2.0 flash drives this way (at least you only have to do it once).
  • Copy the BIOS (.BIO) update file to the root folder of the USB 2.0 flash disk. It should be the ONLY .BIO file in the root folder.
  • Properly eject the USB 2.0 flash drive from the PC; do not just yank it out. Use the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media System Tray applet (or File Explorer's Context Menu Eject selection) to flush any unread sectors to the flash drive and then properly close its connection and eject it.
  • Insert this USB 2.0 flash disk into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back I/O panel of the board. Do not use USB 3.0 ports and do not use any USB front panel ports.
  • Follow the instructions for Recovery with USB Device in the guide that Al pointed you to do the actual BIOS Recovery operation.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos