cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMede5
Beginner

BIOS Update for Intel Desktop Board DH77KC Failed

Hi there,

Just a simple question, I am trying to update my bios from 069 to 095 but it keeps on failing. Tried WinPE and direct USB F7 options. It stops at "updating Intel Management Engine [failed!]" and that's it. Tried the IFLASH in prompt same thing. I have tried every version with no results. I have never had this much of an issue with updating the BIOSSeems like the BIOS update function is completely broken.

The error code it spat out is:0x8000000000000000000015, 1527

Has anyone had similar problems? Thanks.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This usually means that the Management Engine is not running properly. You need to update to the same version that you already have running - but this time using the BIOS Recovery process (see here for more information on this process: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005630/boards-and-kits.html). This should restore the firmware and get the ME running properly. Once this is done, you should be able to update to subsequent versions using the normal (F7) method.

Hope this helps,

...S

JMede5
Beginner

Thank you very much for the reply. The entire reason I am updating the bios is because the management driver will not update. I installed an update and it says that the updat installed however it is still showing a stop code error of 10 and from what I read was that I needed to update the bios. So I feel like I am going around in circles lol

JMede5
Beginner

Also I have tried running the same verison recovery 0069 and no go

DANTE1989
Beginner

i apologize for the inconvenience, i know i should discuss about this matter elsewhere .Please send me the latest BIOS for dh77kc.

amirrezat76@gmail.com    

n_scott_pearson

See attached.

Next time, open a new thread to discuss your issues/requests. No more hijacking other folks threads (which is very rude). Oh, and do yourself a favor and do not put your email address in your messages. This is just asking for SPAM in your inbox. We can all respond to your posts or IM you directly, so email address is not necessary.

...S

n_scott_pearson

When you tried the recovery, did it give you an error message? Or did it say it completed successfully? Try it again if you have to. If you do not see it giving progress information onscreen, it is not working.

...S

JMede5
Beginner

Ok I will give it another try tomorrow and let you know! Thank you!

JMede5
Beginner

ok so I went to this site https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21096/BIOS-Update-KCH7710H-86A- and tried running the most commonly used version .exe it returned an error of unsupported: current BIOS is legacy BIOS. (see pictures) I then continued to my bootable flash drive and hit F7 at startup and selected the KC0069C.bio file and it ran but returned of 1266 -again see pictures. Then I boot run USB ran the cmd prompt of IFLASH /PF KC0069c.bio and got the same error. I have read all the instructions and not sure what I am missing or doing incorrectly. Please help!!IMG_9574.JPGIMG_8396.JPGIMG_1495.JPG

JMede5
Beginner

JMede5
Beginner

Also I am running windows 10 OS 1809 not sure if that has anything to do with it

n_scott_pearson

Whether you use the Express BIOS Update (EBU) method, the F7 method or the iFlash2 method, the results are the same. During the update, the Intel Management Engine (ME) is responsible for updating its own firmware (the BIOS simply passes the updated firmware to the ME). If the ME is not working properly, the BIOS' attempts to deliver the updated firmware to the ME will timeout (Output Buffer will remain Full) and the update will be aborted. Similarly, at runtime, the ME (HECI) driver will be unable to communicate with the ME and this will prevent any attempt to update the driver from being successful.

The only way around this problem is to use the BIOS Recovery process. The BIOS Recovery process has the BIOS update the ME firmware, rather than the ME, and thereby can get the ME working again. None of the other update method can do this.

Here's what you need to do:

1. On a Windows-based PC (NOT LINUX and NOT MacOS!), reformat your USB 2.0 (NOT USB 3.0!) flash disk, using the FAT32 file system (vFAT, exFAT, etc. shouldn't be used!) with the Quick Format option disabled.
  2. Download and place a copy of the KC0069c.bio file in the root folder of the flash drive.
  3. Properly eject the flash drive from the PC (do not just yank it out).
  4. Plug this flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board (do not use blue USB 3.0 ports and do not use front panel ports!).
  5. Remove the yellow jumper from the BIOS Configuration header on the board.
  6. Power on the KC board.
  7. You should see the progress of the BIOS Recovery process displayed on the screen.
  8. When BIOS Recovery is complete (you'll see a message indicating so), power off the KC board again.
  9. Restore the yellow jumper to pins 1-2 of the BIOS Configuration header.
  10. Unplug flash drive.
  11. Power on and test.

Hope this helps,

...S

aepit
Beginner

Ned File BIOS Update for Intel Desktop Board DH77KC

AlHill
Super User

Do not hijack this thread.  Stay with the other thread you created.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)