Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

BIOS for DN2800MT

keith1962
Novice

Im after a bios for the above board, I have 1.60 but seems there are problems with that bios.

Any other version would be welcome.

I have a problem of not being able to install any operating system from USB , seems to get lost.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
keith1962
Novice

Thanks for trying to help , my only option would be a fast flash file I think.

This is the point every install of various Linux distros bales out.

Puzzled that windows installs and runs great, wanted this for a cheap project so looks like I will have to get a windows 7 key.

Thanks again and Happy New year to all.

20210102_212425.jpg

View solution in original post

18 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You are correct; you have BIOS version 160 and the latest is version 171. I have attached a ZIP file providing this latest version as well as the release notes.

...S

keith1962
Novice

Thanks for the quick response. I think I need the instant flash file .

Booting with the bios jumper removed does nothing so recovery is not working. Old 8gb usb fully formatted with just bios in the root, started and left for 30 mins and just a flashing cussor.

I do not get a F7 option to enable in the bios.

The exact bios that I have reports DN2800MT P1.6.

any more advice on how to flash would be appreciated.

n_scott_pearson

I have no idea where you are getting that "P1.6" from.

What is the entire BIOS version string that you are seeing?

For the latest BIOS, this should be MTCDT10N.86A.0171.2015.0122.0901.

...S

keith1962
Novice

20201231_104323.jpgWhen I looked online for an updated bios , all I could find was this.

https://www.asrockind.com/en-gb/DN2800MT

I assumed it was ok and used the fast flash to update. 

Please see the image, uefi version is all I can find , not sure where else to look for bios info. 

Thanks again for your help.

AlHill
Super User

This is very interesting.  Scott, is this an oem version of the DN2800MT, or an OEM bios for the DN2800MT?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

n_scott_pearson

All I can tell from the information available is that this is a true OEM BIOS (i.e., not a customized version of the Intel Desktop Boards BIOS) and that he has the latest version available from ASRock.

...S

keith1962
Novice

I had been trying to install Linux from USB , it booted to the start installation  ok but once the install was selected it appeared to loose the USB . Today I thought I would try an old Windows 7 iso  and it installed with no problem from USB .

n_scott_pearson

Hhmmm, what Linux distro were you trying? I believe it has to be a 32-bit distro.

...S

keith1962
Novice

I have tried lubuntu, debian, ubuntu install and live versions . They boot but as soon as you select install get black screen . Strange that kali linux boots and runs the failsafe live version but will not install. 

keith1962
Novice

I should add 32 bit versions were used .

n_scott_pearson

I am not sure what to suggest here. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the pedigree of that BIOS. What you are attempting should work.

...S

keith1962
Novice

Thanks for trying to help , my only option would be a fast flash file I think.

This is the point every install of various Linux distros bales out.

Puzzled that windows installs and runs great, wanted this for a cheap project so looks like I will have to get a windows 7 key.

Thanks again and Happy New year to all.

20210102_212425.jpg

View solution in original post

n_scott_pearson
Hhmmm, ata_piix is SATA controller access. You have SATA Mode in BIOS set to AHCI, right? Setting it to RAID may cause problem.
Just a thought....
...S
keith1962
Novice
Yep I have exhausted the BIOS settings , not much to change but tried most things.
Now have windows 10 on it running no problem.
Confusing why I can't get any Linux version to install. Used various programs as well but they all fall over after selecting to install.
n_scott_pearson

That's likely because of the non-standard graphics engine that was included in this processor. AFAIK, it was not supported by the standard iGFX drivers for Linux. You'll have to poke around in the Linux forums to see if there was (ever) support...

...S

P.S. You got further than I did. I never got Windows 10 to run on it. What specifically did you do?

keith1962
Novice

Windows 7 USB install I used rufus to generate with standard settings, Windows 10 was  Intels media creation tool for USB . 32bit and 64bit install and run fine . If I take the iso and use rufus I get the same as with linux installs . I feel it has to be with the way the installer works, I have used every Linux USB boot generator I can find and they all fail the same way . 

Thanks for the input, for a small board it presents a large challenge and runs what I presumed it would not  

n_scott_pearson

What are you plans for this board? Overall, it is significantly underpowered when compared to some of the more-modern Atom processors.

...S

keith1962
Novice

It is hopefully being used in a single game home arcade machine. All it has to do is run mame and one 1980's game .