Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TSven
Beginner

Bios 0590 for DX79SI, SR, TO

Hi

Thanks for the latest Bios 0590

Only small issue is, that it still has the Event error ID 56:

Driver PCI returned invalid ID for a child device (FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF00)

This USB 3.0 error was fixed with the 0537 Bios.

Do you plan to include this workaround again in a future Bios update?

I am on an Intel DX79SI

Regards Nighthawk

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information. I will notify our engineering team about the error 56.

Regards

TSven
Beginner

Ok, Thanks

BTW do you have any information from your engineering team about a bios update to address this error?

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I haven't received any information. Let me check if they have plans to release a new BIOS version for the x79 chipset.

Which is the pci device you are trying to use and it is giving you the error code 56?

JMcKa
New Contributor I

Oh my, you're kidding me!

I spent a few hours troubleshooting this issue the other day on a DX79SI. I tried clearing the CMOS, swapping the nVidia card for an AMD, removing all peripherals, swapping PSU, swapping RAM, recovery BIOS update, removing sound card, re installing Windows, different HDD...

And its a stupid BIOS bug! Argh!

You know what? The USB3 on these boards is an absolute joke. If I have ANY storage device plugged in at boot, it sits at 58 for a few minutes before finally booting...

TSven
Beginner

Hi jezzarino

I can help you to update the Renesas USB 3.0 firmware 4021, that was released for the SR and TO boards only.

I have updated my SI board, and the long boot error is solved.

You can PM me your E-mail, and I will send you the guide how to do it + the firmware 4021 and update program.

Why Intel/Renesas can't release it for the SI board, I don't know. Perhaps they got lazy.

Regards

Nighthawk

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Guys I'm going to check if this driver is also valid for the DX79SI motherboard. Download Center

All 3 boards have the same chipset, so it should work. It could be a typo.

I'll keep you posted.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

The DX79SR motherboard has a Front and Back version of the USB driver. You could try using them as both motherboards have the same chipsets.

In addition to that, make sure you are running the latest BIOS version available and to make sure all other drivers and products are updated as well.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Sylvia, in order to make the firmware updater work with the DX79SI, I use the "200(front)" version.

The 200(rear) doesn't find any device. Still you have to edit the "update_4.0.2.1.bat file".

I used the following command.

for device 08-00-00:

W200FW36 /srom 0 /address 08-00-00 /write F402103.MEM cfg.ini

for device 02-00-00

W200FW36 /srom 0 /address 02-00-00 /write F402103.MEM cfg.ini

It works for me on the DX79SI. I haven't noticed any adverse effects.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information.