Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Bios Upgraded and now it fails to boot w/3 short beeps

We have approx 24 or more DZ77BH-55K that I need to update the bios fromBHZ7710H.86A.0057.2012.0208.1904to the newest of BHZ7710H.86A.0100.2013.0517.0942 -I placed the BH0100.bio file on a USB and booted up machine # 1, pressed F7 and the bios upgrade was successful. I moved to the next machine and did the same thing. Screen said it was successful and I say no error messages. However when I boot up I now get 3 short beep error code. (1) How do I fix it (2) what went wrong -- I do not want to proceed with all these addition machines because I fear they will also fail.Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Three beeps indicates a memory error. You can try reseating the memory. Also, if you multiple sticks of memory, try removing all but one, then do the same using each one of the sticks.

Do all 24 of these boards have the same memory (amount and manufacturer)?

Doc

idata
Community Manager

Hello theMezz,

As mentioned before, 3 beeps indicates a memory error, and in order to address this please try the suggestions mention below;

• Reseat the memory.
  • Make sure that the contacts on the memory and the socket are clean.
  • Try removing one bank of memory modules at a time. (Some systems can require a memory module in Bank 0.)
  • Try using memory modules from the same manufacturer with the same part number and speed.
  • Check for a faulty memory module by trying the memory in a known good system.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/112425 theMezz, were you able to follow some of the suggestions mentioned above?

Regards,

Amy.