Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMing6
Beginner

Bios updated in wrong sequence. How to fix? DH61WW

As title. I didn't read through the release note at first and flashed the bios with 0099 and 0120. I should start with 0048 first. Now it require to restart the computer twice to function normally. Any chance I can save this? Appreciate your help and advice.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

It amazes me how many people do this...😣

If you are still able to boot and the ME is still operating properly (i.e. you can see a valid ME firmware version displayed in the Additional System Information scene in BIOS Setup), then the good news is that you haven't completely bricked your BIOS. In this case, I suggest that you do two things:

1. Reinstall the latest BIOS (i.e. BE0120.BIO) using the BIOS Recovery process. See Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions for more information.
  2. In BIOS Setup, use F9 to reset the BIOS configuration to defaults. Save this change and exit BIOS Setup. Reenter BIOS Setup to make any changes that you absolutely require.

Hope this helps,

...S

AlHill
Super User

Maybe we could embed the ,bio file(s) inside the release notes.

Doc

msilv49
Beginner

I want to address here my problem. I've started updating my bios from 0020 version, until the 0035 one, then I'm stuck. I can't update it anymore, will abort the operation every time.

My goal is to use the i5 3570, I need at least the 0041 version, currently it does not work with it, it throws 3 bip on boot. I use the F7 method, any help would be greatly helpful, thanks.

n_scott_pearson

No, we aren't addressing your problem here. We don't allow the hijacking of discussions. Open your own discussion and we'll talk about your issue there.

...S

n_scott_pearson

TMing6, were you able to recover the board?