cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Bluetooth Driver Error

Greetings,

About a year ago, I was using my computer normally and all of a sudden all my Bluetooth devices stopped working. I went to check the Bluetooth settings, and the button to turn it on/off had disappeared.

I have repeatedly uninstalled/reinstalled the latest drivers. Countless resets. I even clean-installed Windows 10 a couple of times. Nothing worked. 

I ended up buying a Bluetooth dongle as a temporary solution while I scoured the internet, following countless threads as best as I could. As far as I can tell, this is a very common problem and lot of threads ended with the OP stating that the solutions provided did not work. 

I was excited to see a new updated driver, and I was hopeful this might fix the problem, but the driver is still in error state. Please see attached images for more info, and thank you for your time.

Annotation 2020-10-20 181025.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

It sounds to me as if the BT portion of your Wireless-AC 3168 module has failed. You can purchase a replacement module from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PCVJMK3. Alternatively, you might be able to purchase an upgrade module: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X6Z2M7. Their prices are about the same.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Mr. Pearson,

Thank you for replying to my post. May I ask what information I provided made you suspect that the module had failed? Mostly for future reference. 

Also, what is the regular life span of such a module? Do you happen to know? This computer is a little over a year old, it feels like this component should not fail so quickly. 

Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Simply the fact that you are always seeing an error yet you have tried various driver uninstall/install/upgrade operations.

You have a PC with a 3168 module. I am surprised to see a lower-end, four year old adapter in a PC that is only one year old. Despite this, no, it should not fail in one year. You should ask for a replacement. If this module came with the PC, then you need to ask the PC provider (it would be they who warranted its lifetime in this case).

Hope this helps.

...S

0 Kudos