Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMarv1
Beginner

Board DH67CL cannot boot into BIOS after BIOS upgrade to ver.163

I have problem after upgrade BIOS of MB DH67CL to latest BIOS 163. I did it via F7 from USB flash disk. all upgrading steps were OK, computer shutted down when done. after power up i cannot even access BIOS, CPU vent is running OK, green LED on MB is OK. I tried to recover BIOS via USB flash with loaded .BIO /other version/ and nothing happen. Could somebody help? Thank you.

my setup :

DH67CL, cpu i5-2500K, 2 x 2GB RAM

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Follow the detailed instructions in this link. Do not skip or shortcut any steps.

https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P00004DCRgnSAH?language=en_US

Doc

JMarv1
Beginner

when i power up the machine, i dont have any BIOS messages, i cannot access keyboard, screen is blank, with no signal. i tried to BIOS recovery, but seems not working. before updating the BIOS to 163, there was version 0098.

AlHill
Super User

Remove all add-on cards and use only the onboard graphics. Remove all devices, internal and external except boot disk, mouse, keyboard. Try booting again.

Doc

JMarv1
Beginner

I tried also this. only USB keyboard is used. I removed all - CDROM, HDD. There is only onboard Intel HD 3000 graphics, connected via DVI. I tried also remove RAMs without success. I tried to load .BIO to 1 GIG USB flash with formated FAT32 and tried to recovery BIOS. the led on USB flash only blink wheh power button ON and nothing else happen - no recovery process started. I tried also another PSU, but it is not the problem. really strange problem for me.

i cannot even access BIOS, only blank screen. i tried also remove CMOS battery for some time.

AlHill
Super User

Would you happen to have access to another processor?

Doc

DKEBeck88
New Contributor I

Were you ever able to resolve this? I am having the EXACT same issue. I tried updating from version 105 to 163 using the F7 method you described off of a USB drive. I was not having any problems at all with my PC, but I wanted the microcode update for the various Spectre vulnerabilities. All of the messaging during the upgrade process was good. After the update, the computer rebooted but just to a blank screen. Power was on, fan was on, etc., but the monitors never went back on, and the keyboard was unresponsive. Exactly as you described. I tried rebooting a few times but never made it any further.

I attempted many of the things listed here already. I removed the graphics card and attempted to use the onboard video. I unplugged my second hard drive (power and data) so the only device remaining is the boot drive, but no good. I removed the BIOS jumper and attempted to recover BIOS, but I could never get anything to show up on the screen as it isn't getting that far.

I removed the battery for 15 minutes or so in order to clear CMOS. I know that it did...something...because after I did that, plugging the power cable in to the PC didn't immediately turn on the computer - I had to then push the power on button to start up the PC. So it does seem that the settings were reset. But unfortunately, no improvements. PC still turns on but doesn't even make it to anything displaying on the monitor.

Anyone have any ideas?