Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPVV
Beginner

Board DZ87KLT-75, the latest BIOS available installed, upgrade from i5 4670 to i7 4770 SR149 but board does not boot, any ideas to resolve this problem. Thanks JP

0 Kudos
24 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Does the board boot with the i5-4670?

Does the board boot with the i7-4770?

Doc

JPVV
Beginner

Hi, it boots with the 4670, the i7 4770 was bought on ebay but does not boot

AlHill
Super User

It is likely that the 4770 is bad. Do you get any screen, or bios, or beep from the 4770?

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Also, you can write down​ POST codes from the LED display and we can diagnose from there.

...S

JPVV
Beginner

Hi I am back online with my problem Regards, Jean Pierre Mvg, Jean Pierre Vanvinckenroye Jean Pierre Ploegstaart 13 3010 Kessel-Lo (Leuven) Mob: +32 476 999 654
JPVV
Beginner

Hi I am back online with my problem Regards, Jean Pierre Mvg, Jean Pierre Vanvinckenroye Jean Pierre Ploegstaart 13 3010 Kessel-Lo (Leuven) Mob: +32 476 999 654
JPVV
Beginner

Hi all, thanks for your replies, I will have to put back the CPU on the motherboard to write down the post codes because I did put back the i5 to be able to work again with the PC. The board does not produce any bios errors on screen, it shows the standard RAID setup and proposes the standard F10 boot options and then restart over again. Need to come back to the forum tomorrow.

Jean Pierre

n_scott_pearson

Let us know when you have some info...

...S

JPVV
Beginner

Hi I am back online with my problem Regards, Jean Pierre Vanvinckenroye Jean Pierre Ploegstaart 13 3010 Kessel-Lo (Leuven) Mob: +32 476 999 654
JPVV
Beginner

Hi all, I did compare the boot process between the two processors but couldn't see any differences, one beep during the first seconds, the code indication changes frequently, and the color of the LEDs seems to be identical, the only difference that I can see is that with the i7 4770 no way of getting into the BIOS menu!

Any ideas, tanks already for investing your time in my problem, the tower is open I am ready to do whatever you propose

AlHill
Super User

When the post codes LED display stopped, what code was being displayed?

When you purchased the processor, was it KNOWN to be good?

Doc

JPVV
Beginner

It depends on how you read it, whenever he shows the F10 option to select the boot source then the code is: 93 00, I do not know it it is upside down, the processor is below the LEDs LED ---- small Status LEDs on the right side Processor RESET ON/OFF button Jean Pierre Vanvinckenroye Jean Pierre Ploegstaart 13 3010 Kessel-Lo (Leuven) Mob: +32 476 999 654
JPVV
Beginner

Hi, It can also be 26 00 because they change sow quickly! Mvg, Jean Pierre Vanvinckenroye Jean Pierre Ploegstaart 13 3010 Kessel-Lo (Leuven) Mob: +32 476 999 654
JPVV
Beginner

Hi, I did upload two movies regarding my system leds and screen messages Regards, Jean Pierre Vanvinckenroye Jean Pierre Ploegstaart 13 3010 Kessel-Lo (Leuven) Mob: +32 476 999 654
n_scott_pearson

If they are changing too quickly for you to write them down, take a video using your smartphone and upload it in a response message

...S

JPVV
Beginner

Hi, I did upload two movies regarding my system leds and screen messages Regards, Jean Pierre Vanvinckenroye Jean Pierre Ploegstaart 13 3010 Kessel-Lo (Leuven) Mob: +32 476 999 654
JPVV
Beginner

OK will do that this evening.

Thx

JP

JPVV
Beginner

Here are the requested movies, LEDs and screen messages

JPVV
Beginner

This is the second part of the movies

n_scott_pearson

It looks to me like the ME or Watchdog is resetting the system a couple of times during the overall period. This goes on for a while, part init, reset, part init, reset... until suddenly the processor goes into a HOT state. My first guess would be that this second processor's memory controllers are not working properly. Watchdog-based resets typically occur when a memory bus locks up.

...S