cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Boot postcode D9

Hello,

On an old D865PERLL motherboard, nearly each time I make a cold start the boot stops with postcode D9 "D9 Copy main BIOS image to F000 shadow RAM and give control to main BIOS in F000 shadow RAM".

At the second cold start, usually the boot ends normally and PC works well.

I understand what D9 means but don't know what to do that the PC starts normally always at the first cold start.

I have still to keep this PC for about 6 months before I change it.

Any idea?

Many thanks for each input.

Jean-Claude

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

I am sorry to hear that have had issues with this mature product.

Please bear in mind your motherboard does not have support through Intel. The problem might be related to the BIOS chipset on your computer. You may try BIOS recovery to try to fix this matter.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=8408&ProdId=949&lang=eng&OSVersion=%...

See readme file for more instructions about running bios recovery.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Allan,

Thank you for your answer!

Why do you remind me that motherboard does not have support through Intel? I know that it's an old retail motherboard with no more support but I posted my question on a community and communities usualy don't care of waranty or end of support, don't they?

Perhaps I didn't really understand your remark and beg your pardon.

Beside that, in between times I found that in latest BIOS P21 version (actually P14) there is a fix:

"Added fix for memory allocation when using 4 GB of system memory"

and this PC has 4GB RAM despite of 32 bit OS.

Do you think this could be the problem?

Many thanks for your attention.

Jean-Claude

PS Board version attached

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

The fix on the bios update refers to memory allocation when using 64 bit operating systems. You may try updating computer BIOS but I would say you have a problem with BIOS chipset.

Allan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Allan,

Thank you again for your answer!

I am not so sure with the BIOS process, so once again:

1. I should make first a BIOS recovery and this will flash again "properly" version P14
  2. If the problem remain I should try an update of the BIOS to the latest version P21

Am I right?

Many thanks for confirmation,

Jean-Claude

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

You may try BIOS recovery to version P21. It will fix any BIOS issue and update it to the latest one at once.

Allan.

0 Kudos