Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Bug in Z390 BIOS

tyrade
Beginner

Been trying to look for a place to report this issue, but can't find a proper channel. There is a bug in the last few versions of this BIOS (1704), but it has existed in the previous version as well. Every reboot will reset "PCI Express Native Power Management" back to Enabled, even if it's set to disabled. This is problematic for some Intel NIC's and PCI-E SSD's, luckily the ones I own (Confirmed through Microsoft memory dumps for blue screens after awaking from sleep). The issue comes in waking up from sleep. Sometimes, if the setting is enabled, it will cause Windows to crash with a BSOD error driver_power_state_failure. While I'd love for the root cause to be fixed, I don't see that happening, I just wish the BIOS would stop changing settings without asking me. Is there anyone that can look into this, or point me to a formal spot to report this? I have a Asus Prime Z390-A.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

So this is something that you need to report to the vendor who manufactures this board. They own the BIOS for this board, not Intel.

...S

tyrade
Beginner

Will do!  Was going off this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/jq1ijg/new_uefi_bios_updates_for_asus_intel_motherboards/

figured Intel forums was the place to start.

Thanks!  Thread can be closed.