Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMill18
Novice

CIR port on DH61AG not working in Windows 8.1

I'm using an DH61AG mainboard with an Inteset CIR receiver (newer model with red status led) connected to the CIR port.

But I've just updated my system to the latest bios version 106 and made a clean install of Windows 8.1 RTM x64 - and now the CIR port itself doesn't work anymore. With previous versions of Windows 8 or the bios this was no problem at all.

When I open up the device manager, the CIR port is listed as an unknown device right at the top. When I disable the CIR port in the bios, this entry disappears.

I've tried to install the Windows 7 x64 drivers, which previously worked fine under 8.0, but the port is still listed as an unknown device.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
TMill18
Novice

Just a quick update: When you go back to Windows 8, the CIR port is correctly detected and it is possible to install the CIR driver. So this issue is definitely cause by the switch to Windows 8.1.

EMind
Beginner

and you can receive IR events?

TMill18
Novice

I haven't actually tested the remote yet. Why are you asking?

Just installed Windows 8 so see if the problem has been caused by the new bios or the new Windows version. And at least the CIR port is properly recognized by 8.0. I can install the Nuvoton drivers and the eHome entries also show up in the device manager.

TMill18
Novice

Update on this: While I can wake the system from standby with my rc6 remote, all other inputs are not registered anymore. Not even the red status LED responds to the remote commands.

So the problem seems to be caused by the BIOS update rather then the update to Windows 8.1.

MEver2
Novice

Versions of the Nuvoton CIR driver posted by Intel for older motherboards don't work on Windows 8.1. The https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23218 current version (at time of writing - 2.9.1007) is fully compatible, but is only listed in Intel's Download Center for a few of their NUC products. (Not very helpful, Intel!)

Waking up the system with your remote while no driver is installed in Windows is to be expected. The CIR header sends a physical 'wake up' signal to the motherboard when it receives a power button press on the remote, similar to when you physically press the power button on the machine - it has nothing to do with Windows or the BIOS.

JJens12
Beginner

@MrEv

The CIR port on my DH77DF is not working in Windows 8.1.

Will this driver work on my DH77DF-motherboard?

MEver2
Novice

Yes. It's compatible with all motherboards that have the Novoton Consumer Infrared (CIR) header.

Here's a (possibly incomplete) list of compatible Intel boards: DP55KG, DP55SB, DP55WG, DH57DD, DX58OG, DX58SO2, DH61AG, DH61AGL, DP67BA, DP67BG, DH67BL, DH67CF, DH67CL, DP67DE, DH67GD, DH67VR, DZ68AF, DZ68BC, DZ68DB, DZ68PL, DZ68ZV, DZ75ML-45K, DZ77BH-55K, DH77DF, DH77EB, DZ77GA-70K, DH77KC, DZ77RE-75K, DZ77SL-50K, DX79SI, DX79SR, DX79TO, DZ87KLT-75K, DH87MC, DH87RL, NUC Board D34010WYB, NUC Board D54250WYB, NUC Kit D34010WYK, NUC Kit D54250WYK.

TGeul
Novice

I tried the driver you posted here with my board DH87RL on Windows 8.1

The setup is telling me that there is no CIR Header.

With Windows 8 everything works as expected.

Any suggestions?

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Just in case, from our side the information we can provide was already posted on the following thread

/thread/45662 https://communities.intel.com/thread/45662