Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lantig
Beginner

CPU Cooling Support for LGA 1200 Sockets

I have purchased an i510400 CPU and the stock cooling fan is not enough.  I keep getting oiver heating errors from BIOS.  What is better CPU cooling heat sink/fan combination?  Manufacturer & Model.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BadMatt
Beginner

I look forward to an answer to your question. I plan to upgrade my computer with a motherboard that uses LGA 1200.
CPU fans are listed in sizes and I have no idea which fan to purchase for my build.
This is compounded with that I am still looking for a CPU for under $300 to do video editing.
I wish Intel listed with their CPU’s the fan size needed and could filter CPU by the Socket.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The actual size of the Fan doesn't matter - and can vary. What matters is the thermal dissipation capability of the complete cooling solution. Intel publishes (see https://ark.intel.com), in the specs for each processor, the TDP wattage for each processor. For example, the specs page for the Core i5-10500H processor lists the TDP of the processor as being 45W. For this processor, you must have a cooling solution that can dissipate this 45W.

Hope this helps,

...S