Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Can I enable fast boot on my D945GCNL board??

Jump to solution

Hi everyone..

I just revived my old pc and installed windows 7.. But I noticed the boot getting stuck at the F2 screen for 4-5 secs or more.. Previously when I had WinXP installed, I never got to see the F2 screen at all..

My query is, Can I enable fast boot on my D945GCNL board.. I tried almost all BIOS options but no luck.. (and yes updating the BIOS to the latest 0036 2009 version was the 1st thing I did.. )

my pc specs..

cpu: Pentium E2140

board: D945GCNL

RAM: 2G DDR2 667 MHz

Thanks in Advance!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I don't believe that the Fast Boot capabilities had been implemented in BIOSs that far back.

If you are booting often enough that this bothers you, you might ask yourself why you are booting so often. Why don't you just use Windows Sleep (S3) instead?

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I don't believe that the Fast Boot capabilities had been implemented in BIOSs that far back.

If you are booting often enough that this bothers you, you might ask yourself why you are booting so often. Why don't you just use Windows Sleep (S3) instead?

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello faizr71,

I was not able to find anything on the Intel websites to check if this motherboard supports Fast Boot, N. Scott Pearson is right, Intel did not implement Fast Boot capabilities on this BIOS version.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos