Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Can I install a GTX 750Ti in my dp45sg motherboard?

Jump to solution

Hey Guys,

Can i upgrade my system with a GTX 750Ti GPU?

The current specs are:

Intel DP45sg Motherboard

Intel Core2 Quad Q8400

8Gb Ram

1tb HDD

MSI 9600 GT GPU

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User

The answer is: Maybe

This is your board: http://ark.intel.com/products/34683/Intel-Desktop-Board-DP45SG Intel® Desktop Board DP45SG Product Specifications

It is already nine years old.

It has 2 PCIe x16 2.0 slots. The key here is they are PCIe Rev 2.0.

It seems the video card is from ~2014. I cannot determine if the GTX 750ti is a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0 card. You will need to determine this.

If it is 2.0, you have a better chance of it working, as the DP45SG supports 2.0. If the card is 3.0, then you have a lesser chance. Although the card will probably claim backward compatibility, this is often not the case.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

The answer is: Maybe

This is your board: http://ark.intel.com/products/34683/Intel-Desktop-Board-DP45SG Intel® Desktop Board DP45SG Product Specifications

It is already nine years old.

It has 2 PCIe x16 2.0 slots. The key here is they are PCIe Rev 2.0.

It seems the video card is from ~2014. I cannot determine if the GTX 750ti is a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0 card. You will need to determine this.

If it is 2.0, you have a better chance of it working, as the DP45SG supports 2.0. If the card is 3.0, then you have a lesser chance. Although the card will probably claim backward compatibility, this is often not the case.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Siddhanth,

At this point, I suggest contacting your video card manufacturer; they might have a list of compatible motherboards with this graphics card; however, as Al Hill mentioned above this motherboard is old and the graphics card is newer and you could experience some compatibility problems.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos