Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11361 Discussions

Can I install a GTX 750Ti in my dp45sg motherboard?

SJain25
Beginner

Hey Guys,

Can i upgrade my system with a GTX 750Ti GPU?

The current specs are:

Intel DP45sg Motherboard

Intel Core2 Quad Q8400

8Gb Ram

1tb HDD

MSI 9600 GT GPU

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

The answer is: Maybe

This is your board: http://ark.intel.com/products/34683/Intel-Desktop-Board-DP45SG Intel® Desktop Board DP45SG Product Specifications

It is already nine years old.

It has 2 PCIe x16 2.0 slots. The key here is they are PCIe Rev 2.0.

It seems the video card is from ~2014. I cannot determine if the GTX 750ti is a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0 card. You will need to determine this.

If it is 2.0, you have a better chance of it working, as the DP45SG supports 2.0. If the card is 3.0, then you have a lesser chance. Although the card will probably claim backward compatibility, this is often not the case.

Doc

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The answer is: Maybe

This is your board: http://ark.intel.com/products/34683/Intel-Desktop-Board-DP45SG Intel® Desktop Board DP45SG Product Specifications

It is already nine years old.

It has 2 PCIe x16 2.0 slots. The key here is they are PCIe Rev 2.0.

It seems the video card is from ~2014. I cannot determine if the GTX 750ti is a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0 card. You will need to determine this.

If it is 2.0, you have a better chance of it working, as the DP45SG supports 2.0. If the card is 3.0, then you have a lesser chance. Although the card will probably claim backward compatibility, this is often not the case.

Doc

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hello Siddhanth,

At this point, I suggest contacting your video card manufacturer; they might have a list of compatible motherboards with this graphics card; however, as Al Hill mentioned above this motherboard is old and the graphics card is newer and you could experience some compatibility problems.

Best regards,

Ivan.