Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BPalm9
Beginner

Can I "upgrade" from W7 to W10 with an intel DZ68BC MB with Z68 chipset ?

Can not successfully upgrade to W10. Research says the intel MB is the issue. Intel says no driver downloads for this board after Sept. 2019... really? At a loss...Any solutions ??

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

"Intel says no driver downloads for this board after Sept. 2019... really?"

Really.

Yes, you can upgrade.

Doc

BPalm9
Beginner

That is great news for me. This is a great pc and don't want to abandon it.... we've been trying to upgrade to W10 for 3 weeks now. It gets to about 78% and stops, backs up and gives and error code which is the intel motherboard. Any assistance is most appreciated.

BPalm9
Beginner

hat is great news for me. This is a great pc and don't want to abandon it.... we've been trying to upgrade to W10 for 3 weeks now. It gets to about 78% and stops, backs up and gives and error code which is the intel motherboard. Any assistance is most appreciated.

BPalm9
Beginner

Oh... BTW, I also loaded WinZip driver updater which scanned and found the Z68 in need of updating, it did and still got the same error.

AlHill
Super User

Unplug any external devices you do not need for the upgrade - printers, scanners, external drives, media drives, cameras, etc. Also, uninstall any and all anti-virus products and cleaners. Then do the upgrade again.

Winzip driver updater, or any driver updater, is a waste of time.

Doc

BPalm9
Beginner

Well Doc... I took advise and removed/uninstalled AVG Premium and CC Cleaner. I then removed all printer/accessory cables. The internet line & wireless unify chip was left and I went through the process again. It failed again. See Attached. W10 error.jpg

AlHill
Super User

Have you contacted Microsoft to get informaion on that error code?

Doc

BPalm9
Beginner

I have.... that error code, they are aware of the problem from talking to a L1 tech. Says a L2 tech will have to repair. So far 7 call back date/time appointments all made by Microsoft have failed. They have never called back.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I agree with Al. Microsoft has talked about all sorts of issues that could cause an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 to fail. Your best bet is to install Windows 10 from scratch (you can still do it for free using your Windows 7 license key) and then reinstall the applications, etc. you want to keep.

...S