Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JThro3
Beginner

Can I stop support assistant in auto start

Using windows 10. Very good updater for drivers, Intel driver & support assistant tray in start up apps has high impact so slowing start up, can this be switched off and updated manually from the hidden icons tray?

I switch my computer off after using it so restart times are important to me.

Thankyou.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your Intel Desktop Board?

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Al's very terse - and very subtle - message refers to the fact that this forum is for the support of Intel's Desktop Board products; it is NOT for the support of third-party motherboards (desktop or otherwise) and it is certainly NOT for the support of the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (iDSA) facility. Owing to the fact that there is no separate forum for the support of iDSA (I asked for this over and over but finally gave up), I suppose it could be discussed here, but remember that, because all Intel Desktop Boards have been discontinued, only peer-to-peer support is provided here.

To answer your question, I gave this a try... I disabled the startup of the iDSA Tray application and rebooted. I found that the iDSA Tray application was loaded regardless. Windows Task Manager says that the (disabled) startup had no impact, but I am unsure.

...S

JThro3
Beginner

Thank you Al for showing interest in, what I surmise is, my mother board. Also Thanks to ...S for your comment in something I should have thought of, Duh. Finding succinctness a subtlety in comment can be misinterpreted.

Regards