Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Can I update the BIOS on an Intel Crescentbay motherboard?

Hi, I have an Intel Crescentbay motherboard, with BIOS American Megatrends Inc 5.6.5 22/09/2015. Is it possible to update the BIOS for this motherboard? I've looked for this motherboard model on the Intel website and found no results. The PC and motherboard is made by an unknown OEM so I can't look on the manufacturer's website for info. All I know is that the motherboard is "INTEL Corporation CRESCENTBAY" and the BIOS is what I said above. Most other fields like the system model, SKU and serial number just say "To be filled by O.E.M.".

On the motherboard itself, the message "GHSW1-VER.D" is visible, but there is no other info such as stickers or anything.

The PC is a small form factor mini-desktop with an Intel Core i5-4300U CPU and Intel HD Graphics 4400, if this helps.

The utility BIOSAgentPlus says an update for the BIOS is available, but I'm too poor to be able to afford premium :), therefore I'm unable to update or even download the updated BIOS using it.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful. If you need more info, I'll be happy to provide it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

CrescentBay was the codename for a sample laptop design that Intel freely shared with the industry. Some manufacturers copied the design as-is (including apparently the CrescentBay silkscreening). Others made changes and enhancements to make their laptops stand out. While Intel provided a BIOS in the prototype systems that they sent out, manufacturers were not licensed by AMI to use this BIOS. Each manufacturer was responsible for implementing their own BIOS and Intel had no responsibility for or involvement in this process. Bottom line, you need to approach the board manufacturer for BIOS updates. intel cannot help you.

Sorry, reality bites,

...S

0 Kudos