cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMaro
Beginner

Can not use 4 (4GB) sticks of DDR3 1600 on DH87MC

Good afternoon all,

I assembled my desktop over the weekend. All new, in the package pieces I've been collecting up since the first of the year. On first boot the system halted with 3 steady beeps. Stepped back to 1 stick of memory in the correct slot and successfully booted. Over the last 3 days, as time permitted, I've gone though many of the steps described here in this community found in the discussions regarding the memory issues experienced on the DZ87KLT-75K.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I have tested or completed the following . .

Disconnected all non essential pieces from the board.

Updated the BIOS to current.

Rotated all 4 sticks, separately, through all four slots on the board.

Disabled and/or enabled in the BIOS: UEFI, XMP Profile 1, Legacy, Fastboot, and misc other Power features.

I can run 3 sticks without failing the post and have load Win7Pro X64 to the 3 Intel SSDs (RAID 5 configured). Planned on using the on-board HD Graphics so I do not have a graphics card installed.

Here are the part numbers -

BIOS MCH8710H.86A.0157

Proc - BX80646I74770

Board - BOXDH87MC

Mem - Crucial BLT4G3D1608DT2TXOB

Pwr - Thermaltake 750W PS-TPD-0750MPCGUS-1

Any suggestions / directions would be appreciated before I contact Intel via telephone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Jmarotto, thank you very much for contacting us through Intel Communities. I'm sorry for the inconvenience you have faced with your system.

Thanks a lot for all the information provided. It looks like you performed all necessary troubleshooting.

The memory you are using is not on the list of tested peripherals, but checking the specifications on Crucial website, it appears to comply with all minimum requirements. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/db-dh87mc/sb/CS-034214.htm Intel® Desktop Board DH87MC — System memory

Dual channel is enable by default, so this kind of behavior could be related to a defective motherboard or a defective processor. If you have another processor to test on this board, please give it a try, if not I recommend you to replace the motherboard first.

Since the board was purchased less than 30 days ago please contact the place of purchase.

Regards

JMaro
Beginner

Hello sylvia_intel,

I have seen your name many times in these forums and look forward to working with you. As I mentioned in my post, I've been purchasing parts, a piece at a time over the last 7 months. As the supplier (Newegg) allows only 30 days to return a CPU it was the last part I purchased on the 21st of July. Unfortunately, I purchased the motherboard in February this year. I did not try to use it until July 25th.

I believe I will need to return the motherboard to Intel for a replacement. Here is the label information from the box:

Intel Desktop Board - DH87MC

Version # : G74242-402

Product Code: BOXDH87MC

MAC Address: 54BEF70B6DAC

MM# : 924269

S/N: BTMC332004CX

Batch# : CNBT38920V

Date Of Manufacture: 09AUG2013

I can provide the invoice from Newegg if you require. It was purchased February 9, 2014

Thank you again for your assistance.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information. Since the board is still under warranty please contact our warranty team to replace the motherboard.

Please have the markings handy. This information is required.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

JMaro
Beginner

Hello sylvia_intel. I'd like to inform everyone this was a board issue and was resolved by replacing the motherboard.

thank you

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for letting us know.