Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Can one go back to previous vesion of bios?

I am having an Intel DH61HO desktop board. I was initially having bios version 010 and wanted to upgrade to the latest version 816. I was told not to directly upgrade to the latest version but to update to a little older version and then to the latest version. So i upgraded it to version813 but now i am unable to flash update by pressing F7. The screne freezes when I press F7 and wont do anything.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @AoyR0​ ,

1. The right way was to update first from version 0011, to version 0011 BEFORE updating to 0813. It is explained in the Release Notes https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28300/eng/HO_0816_ReleaseNotes.pdf
  2. Due to structural changes in this BIOS version, once a board has been converted to this version or later, it will no longer be possible to downgrade the BIOS to version 0012 or earlier. 
  3. Try to update your Bios using Bios Recovery Method. You will find the instructions for Bios Recovery in the Read me file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28300/eng/Desktop-Board-BIOS-Update-Readme.pdf

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Considering where you are now, you need to do the following:

1. On another Windows-based PC (not Linux or MacOS!), reformat your USB 2.0 (not USB 3.0!) flash disk with the FAT32 file system and with the Quick Format option disabled.
  2. Copy HO0813.BIO file onto this flash disk. No other files should be present!
  3. Properly eject this flash disk from the PC; don't just yank it out!
  4. Power off the HO board and disconnect its power supply from A/C power.
  5. Plug this flash disk into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the HO board. Do not use blue USB 3.0 ports and do not use any front panel USB ports!
  6. Remove the yellow jumper from the BIOS Configuration Header.
  7. Reconnect system to A/C power and turn it on.
  8. System should proceed to do BIOS Recovery. Progress should be displayed on the console.
  9. When it is complete, as requested by the message on the console, power off the system.
  10. Take flash disk to the other PC, delete file HO0813.BIO and replace it with file HO0816.BIO.
  11. Properly eject this flash disk from the PC; don't just yank it out!
  12. Plug this flash disk into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the HO board.
  13. Restore the yellow jumper to pins 1-2 of the BIOS Configuration Header.
  14. Power the system back on.
  15. When BIOS splash screen appears, use F7 key to request BIOS update.
  16. Browse to the flash disk and then select file HO0816.BIO.
  17. BIOS upgrade should proceed. Watch progress closely; when upgrade is complete, system will automatically reboot.
  18. When BIOS splash screen appears, use F2 key to enter BIOS Setup.
  19. Use F9 (followed by Y) to reset the BIOS configuration.
  20. Use F10 (followed by Y) to exit from BIOS Setup saving BIOS Configuration.
  21. When BIOS splash screen appears, use F2 key to again enter BIOS Setup.
  22. Set those parameters that you desire (i.e. NUMLOCK state, etc.) or you require (i.e boot order, etc.).
  23. Use F10 (followed by Y) to exit BIOS Setup with BIOS Configuration save.
  24. Verify you can boot from your system drive.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos