Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dd887
Beginner

Can't find drivers for H310 2.0 chipset.

Hello!

Where can I download the latest chipset drivers for H310 and Windows 7 x64?

All I can find from motherboard manufacturers are installers that don't even extract plain drivers, I need the actual drivers to integrate them into a Windows 7 image.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What processor model number?  If a 7th gen or later processor, windows 7 is not supported. 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

dd887
Beginner

Thank you, but the 'R2.0' or 'C' revision of the H310 chipset has drivers for Windows 7, it is the only reason why I went for this chipset.
The issue I have is that all downloads for said drivers only include the .exe installer and not the plain drivers, which is what I need.

AlHill
Super User

You are mistaken that the chipset inf is or contains drivers.  It is merely a definition file.

If your motherboard/system manufacturer supports Windows 7, they will have all the drivers you need.  And, again, if you have a7th gen or later processor, nothing less than Windows 10 is supported.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

dd887
Beginner

I'm sorry, my English isn't good, I'll try to be more clear about what the issue is.

I know that Intel stopped supporting Windows 7 since 7th gen and that Microsoft added a check to disable updates on Windows 7 when it is running on latest CPUs.

But then Intel made revision 'C' of the H310 chipset with drivers for Windows 7, and motherboard manufacturers added a '2.0' to the names of their new motherboards that use that chipset.

You can go to any motherboard manufacturer's website, search for H310 models, select any that has 2.0 in the name, and you will find driver downloads for Windows 7, too.

The only problem is that it is the new version of the INF chipset utility, which desn't contain plain .inf and .cat files like it did in the past.

I need those files to integrate them into a Windows 7 image.

(I have no problems with USB 3 drivers because those come with the plain .inf, .cat, and .sys files like they always did.)

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Well, there might be some Windows 7 packages available, but it's certainly not a complete set. No one in their right mind is installing Windows 7 these days regardless.

Off my soapbox,

...S