Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Can't start DG45ID after set memory timings to manual (800MHz)

Hello, I have a problem with my new DG45ID.

A few days ago i set the timings in the BIOS to manual 800Mhz and since then

the PC starts only for 2 seconds, shut down, 5-10 sec. later it starts again,

that restarting won't stopp until i remove the power cord.

I also removed the BIOS-Battery for over 30 hours and tried it again, but still the same problem.

When i put an other RAM (533MHz) into a slot, the Computer starts but beep 3 times (no memory installed).

I cannot do the BIOS recovery or something else.

Is there another way to reset the BIOS or should i send it back to the reseller?

Greetings from Austria (and sorry for my bad English)

Andrew

0 Kudos
51 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

I have tried Bios reset it`s not help !!!!!!! But Thanks frank8888

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I'm glad I didn't change any of the memory settings in the BIOS. I do hope a new revision BIO0103 will address the memory timing issue. No particular brand of memory that I know of has overcome this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Just this motherboard is sh......i..............t . Now I have got new !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Last BIOS is:Ver.# Date1./ Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&Inst=Yes&ProductID=2931&DwnldID=17659&strOSs=150&OSFullName=Windows Vista* 64&lang=eng BIOS Update [IDG4510H.86A] (6980KB)01015/26/2009

Where u got 0103 ???

My board is actually in change process. No solution was found it.

Highlighted
Community Manager

0103.BIO isn't out yet. I'm just saying the memory settings should be changed in 0103.BIO or later because so many customers are breaking their boards becuse of it. I'm still waiting for new GMA drivers so I can get 1280x800 & 1440x900 on the X4500HD so don't think I'm am not fustrated with the DG45ID.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I have same problem with dg45fc ,Did anybody get solution for it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

BIOS Version 0107 just released, someone already tried? is this working?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Stil no solution for it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, I buy my new Intel Motherboard DG45ID only 2 days ago, I set the timings in the BIOS to 800Mhz and since then the PC starts only for 2 seconds like everyone in this topic, i tried ALL, but Still ON & OFF. Still Any Solution.?

Bye, Greg!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Sorry about my langualge !! I tried everything this motherboard is scrap you need new motherboard I did this and compiuter working Maybe in the future some one will find solution .

Highlighted
Community Manager

This is exactly what has happened to me! I specifically purchased this board over other motherboards as I knew Intel were (supposedly) at the top of their game in this industry. I have read through every discussion on this site regarding this issue, and have yet to find a solution that actually works. What amazes me even more is the fact that Intel themselves have not offered any suggestions or left any remarks?! Surely a company would be quick to respond with a complete solution in order to curtail any further issues, whilst saving customers from having to blog it out between themselves?

Please Intel, help us out here! I have spent hundreds of pounds building my new computer, and have spent hours trying to solve this issue on a board that states clearly on it's packaging that it supports 800Mhz. Why can't you provide us with the full support we require?

That said, I would like to thank all the members on this site that have attempted to solve this issue, or at least offered advice and suggestions. I am extremely grateful...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi

I found solution ,If you get CAS Latecy 6 800 MHZ memory,It will turn on it.

I bought KVR800D2N6K2/4G and it is boot.This memory is listed under compatible memory list on DG45ID and DG45FC

After memory install;i made bios default and 667 memory work again

Thank you

Hakan Sumer , PhD.

Computer Sc. & Electronic Engineer

Baton Rouge LA USA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

My original board (with memory kvr800d2n6/2g-sp) was replaced and new one works fine: Bios 0077 and kingston kvr800d2n6/2g. I just updated bios to version 0113 using recovery method (only valid method). Bios recognizes 800mhz, at last.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I have same problem, so what is the solution ? Seems problem has been around since May and Intel still kept selling that board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

There are two things you could look at; when you set the memory to 800MHz, did you set the timings as well to correlate your memory's settings? For example, if your memory at 667 could run 5-5-5-15, after setting it to 800MHz, you might want to relax the timing to one that your memory could run, for example 6-6-6-18. I'm sure most of us here knows that the higher the memory speed is set to, the harder it is to retain tight timings. Please check your memory module's optimal timings at 800MHz.

Secondly, for those who encountered this issue, you could set the configuration jumper from 2-3 to 1-2 in order to recover the board. Or are you saying this doesn't help as well? Taking the battery out is just to stop the RTC clock, nothing more than that.

I've checked with BIOS engineering; and in some instances this symptom might happen. Intel is working on the BIOS fix for this. I will update this thread when the BIOS is out. In the meantime, if you encountered this issue, you're advised to return the board for warranty.

Jarod Ng

Worldwide Product Support Engineer

Intel Channel Desktop Motherboards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Silly Question , But are you using SPD Ram??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Any solution yet?

Highlighted
Community Manager

First of all let me say THANK YOU, the jumper setting change fixed my issue with no boot after changing the memory setting in BIOS to manual aggressive. Let me also say that I have spent 10 to 12 hours on Intels site looking through my MB manual, bios manual, tech support and the support community with no hits, just stumbled on to this thread. Your posting the first place that I have seen that says to MOVE the jumper from the 2-3 to the 1-2 position to reset. Everything I have read through just says to remove the jumper. Once again thank you for taking the time to help us. Can you please post you fix options on the tech support web page. Thanks again, Ron

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

BIOS 0117 was released a couple of weeks ago and, among other things, allows the system to recover after changing the memory timings to manual. I haven't personally tried this out yet.

You can only update to this BIOS if you currently have a working system (haven't "bricked" it yet). If you've locked up the motherboard, your only recourse is to send it back to Intel to get it unlocked. BIOS 0117, once installed, will prevent this from happening again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

But how are we supposed to flash the new BIOS when we can't even get into recovery mode?

(It reboots even when jumper is set to 1-2.)

0 Kudos