Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Can't start DG45ID after set memory timings to manual (800MHz)

Hello, I have a problem with my new DG45ID.

A few days ago i set the timings in the BIOS to manual 800Mhz and since then

the PC starts only for 2 seconds, shut down, 5-10 sec. later it starts again,

that restarting won't stopp until i remove the power cord.

I also removed the BIOS-Battery for over 30 hours and tried it again, but still the same problem.

When i put an other RAM (533MHz) into a slot, the Computer starts but beep 3 times (no memory installed).

I cannot do the BIOS recovery or something else.

Is there another way to reset the BIOS or should i send it back to the reseller?

Greetings from Austria (and sorry for my bad English)

Andrew

0 Kudos
51 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

As soon as you power on you have to hit the delete or F2 key to get into the bios, once in, change the setting back to automatic save the settings and exit. You should then be promted to to diconnect power and change the jumper back to its original position.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

The problem is, for many of us, it reboots itself repeatly before evening getting into the recovery mode.

And Intel has just rejected my warranty claim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I have the solution!

Return the wretched thing and never purchase an Intel mobo again! Although their processors are superb (namely, the i-7), it seems their motherboards are rubbish. When I was trying to solve this problem through the net, I found that, in general, any owner that has tried to up the speed has failed and not found a solution, therefore losing hard earned money.

I was lucky enough to have purchased mine through a fine company (Ivory Egg, via Amazon), who not only offered to refund my money for the purchase, but refunded the postage and packaging and even sent a courier to collect the item from my office. And this was post the 30 day return policy. I find it difficult to accept the fact that Intel has yet to comment on any of this, especially on their own web page.

My next step was to purchase the Asus Rampage II Gene (mATX, x58 chipset, socket 1366) along with the i-7 processor, 6Gb of Corsair Dominator memory (DDR3, 1600mhz), 2 x 1Tb Seagate 7200.12 32 cache HDD's and an ATI HD Radeon 4890 gpu (all neatly fitted into a Asus mATX chassis). I can have DVB-T telly running on one screen whilst playing high-end games on the other, all without adjusting any BIOS settings. This system is still capable of being overclocked in a big way, so in retrospect I should be thanking Intel for releasing such a poorly produced board.

I must say that I have been amazed at the words of wisdom and assistance from everyone on this page and others. I'm truly impressed by the fact that so many people have taken the time to offer whatever help they could, a fine computing community.

Best of luck to all those who are sticking it out with the Intel DG451ID. It's going to be an expensive, time-consuming experience that will require plenty of patience, but one that will provide you with a heap of experience, knowledge and understanding.

And a few sticks of dead RAM!

nixsah

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

The issue seems to be fixed in Intel BIOS version 117. Check whether you are using bios version 117 or higher.

Check the release notes of bios version 117 at:

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18173/eng/ID_0117_ReleaseNotes.pdf

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Is there any updates on this vulnerability? I mean with regards to the fix if you'd accidentally modified the mem. timing from 800MHz to 677MHz? Tried BIOS recovery through iflash method but still no avail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

It`s simple intel is big SHI**T I HAVE NOW ASUS MOTHEBOARD AND 6 CORE AMD FU**K INTEL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I have a similar problem with dg 41 KR, after change memory timmings and voltage th board not post , i was wondering if a mnage to get another bios chip ( i see some on Ebay) replacing it will fix this issue ???

Someone of intel can confirm this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Gillermo,

As your issue is for a different motherboard, it is preferable to open a new post with your inquire.

When you changed the voltages on the motherboard you where running it out of specifications and this may have damaged the motherboard.

This motherboard does not have a interchangeable CMOS chip so the ones being sold at ebay* may not work.

Currently you should try to clear the CMOS by removing the CMOS battery and the power cables for an hour or overnight.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

im new on this where can i start a new post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello all followers of this threat ! Please try this !

1 Remove yellow jumper (bios config) leave the pin empty

2 Download ID0135.BIO (latest) from intel download center for your motheboard (can work with any motherboard)

3 Use USB data stick insert in a working pc and format it fat 32

4 Put the file ID0135.BIO with extension .BIO like this on usb stick

5 Insert usb stick on back of dead motherboard and turn on .

6 Look at the stick if is flashing

7 After update of bios in black screen and just cooler rotating you will hear a sound

8 After sound you hear remove usb stick and power off pc

9 Put yellow jumper back on normal state pin 1-2

10 Your is working !

When you remove jumper from motherboard your motherboard enter in recovery conform product guide .

Motherboard can update automaticaly from usb fat32 disk , after you will hear a bip.Tested and working with dead motherboard buyed from ebay with 4 Pouds. like spare parts.

Sorry for my english .I hope I've been helpful,I created this account just to share my problem solved for you

please reply with your solution and you if I helped.

Alex

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have the same issue since yesterday. Tried all jumper configurations with different rams with cl 6 800mhz and also cl5 800. Screen doesn't boot so not possible to update bios..

I guess I'll just have to throw that f**** mobo away thanks, intel!

If there is still a solution, would like to hear that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Try doing this:

1. Disconnect all components from the motherboard.
  2. Remove the Battery and BIOS jumper for 3-5 minutes.
  3. Reconnect all components and try again.

Kevin M

0 Kudos