cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Can't start computer with Intel Board DQ77MK

Hi,

I've build computers for many years without any problem before this build..

Here's the setup

Board : Intel DQ77MK

CPU : Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770

Ram : G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL

Harddrive : 1TB

PSU : Ultra LSP 650W

The problem

The computer doesn't "boot". I can start, but will never display something on any of the output (VGA, DVI, DP). I will also not provide power to USB device such as mouse and keyboard.

It doesn't loop reboot. It just stays there wihout beep code, without display.

So I don't know if it actually boot, and just don't display...

I can shutdown the computer by holding the power button

Things i've tried

- Unplug any unecessary devices ( Hard drive, DVD, any USB device, extra pci card)

- Leave only one RAM memory plug in

- Unplug all devices as well as all RAM memory (this should at least provide an error in the display or beep code)

- Plug a PCIExpress video card to see if it will display

- Retry the installation of the CPU/fan

- Plug another PSU

- Remove the CMOS battery

Any idea ? defective board?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

sounds like a bad board or bad CPU

idata
Community Manager

I've never tried powering on a motherboard without any memory installed, not sure if that would give a sign of life if the memory was the root cause of not starting up. Newegg does list the D.Skill as working with your motherboard although the D-Skill website doesn't have the DQ77MK in their database.

I would try finding a very basic low-density piece of DDR3, put that in, and see if the system comes up.

KTee
New Contributor III

Check the CPU socket to make sure there aren't any bent pins.

Test the board out of the case on a non-conductive surface to rule out shorting issues.

Check the BIOS configuration jumper to make sure that it is present, and not loose.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan,

>It doesn't loop reboot. It just stays there wihout beep code, without display.

>So I don't know if it actually boot, and just don't display...

I'm having similar problem. It looks like some part of those motherboards are just faulty. This might be timing issue during POST. If I install Intel Celeron G530, everything worked fine. but If I install Core i5-3470 or Core i7-3770K, I see exactly the same issue.

I recommend you to RMA the board if you did not do it yet. In case you already solved your issue, please let me know how.

Thanks.

//Kono