Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Cannot install High Definition Driver on DH87RL Win 7/64

I just built a new PC. DH87RL 4GB of RAM, Intel 240GB SSD Windows 7 64 bit OS. Installed all of the latest drivers from Intel's site. Everythign installed except for the Realtek driver. I have tried it many times including before and after windows updates, in safe mode but everytime I get the same error message: "Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure!! [Error Code: 0x000000FF]". Device Manager is not highlighting any devices without drivers but there is no sound. The speaker in the tray shows a red X and has the error message that no audo output device is installed. I have a set of known good speakers attached with a known good cable. The device is not set up correctly. Any ideas?

Bameyer

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi bameyer,

I am Sorry to hear you are having problems but let me help you.

Please check the information at the following link:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034207.htm?wapkw=(audio) http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034207.htm?wapkw=(audio)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you Kevin. It turns out that did not solve the problem. I amrunning Windows 7 64 bit so the KB888111 files are for Win XP SP1, Win XP SP2 and Win Server 2003 and Win 2000 will not run. After close examination it seesm that all of the updates were installed and Windows Update reported that no more updates were needed but I noticed that SP1 was not installed. I installed it manually and then installed the new updates that Windows Update found. Thenthe audio driver installed as expected.

Thakn you for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello bameyer,

There are some steps I want you to try:

Make sure that Windows Audio service is started.

1. Click Start, type services.msc and press Enter.
  2. Double-click "Windows Audio" service.
  3. Click the Log On tab.
  4. Click Local System account, and then click OK.
  5. Right-click "Windows Audio" service, and then click Start.
  6. Follow the same steps for "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" service.

After this, I recommend you accessing Device Manager and uninstall the audio driver and restart the computer.

0 Kudos