cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Micron
New Contributor I

Cannot reinstall the Driver & Support Assistant

Jump to solution

I uninstalled the Driver and Support Assistant after the auto-update failed. I then ran the DSAUninstaller and rebooted, then ran the Driver & Support Assistant installer again and it just states Uninstall, even though it has been removed.

Does anyone else have this issue and how can I fix it?

Intel SSU Log: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AhEMOvG4WN9QgqtSM4VFxO0Xo0CdcQ?e=cIN6st

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Micron
New Contributor I

Then what was the point in fixing the issues here, if all of the drivers I use aren't supported, and the software doesn't show anything on a board that's jam packed with Intel components? This has just been a waste of my time (which I have very little of for these kinds of problems) and energy. In this age of vulnerabilities, for Intel not to support the drivers they created for their hardware kind of defeats the object of using the Driver & Support Assistant, as it doesn't support or assist me in any way. If this is the shape of things to come, my next motherboard will probably be an ASUS ROG/AMD with no intel chipsets, as they do support all of their hardware with constant updates.

Thanks for all that you have done, but I won't be coming back to comment on this thread anymore and it should be closed.

View solution in original post

33 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. New version of DSA Uninstaller has been released: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29376/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t . Please donlwnload it and uninstall the old Intel DSA.
  2. Reboot computer.
  3. Then install the new version of Intel DSA https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?product=128824

Leon

Micron
New Contributor I

Done all of these suggestions. I already had the new versions, but I downloaded them again and ran the uninstaller tool, rebooted and ran the Driver Support Assistant and I still get the same screen on the installer to Uninstall.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Micron​ 

1. I understand very well what you say, because I got problems with IDSA also. Appears that this version is improved, but not fixed yet.
  2. I have one suggestion more. Please download The Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter https://aka.ms/Program_Install_and_Uninstall
  3. Run the Troubleshooter and select first the "Install" part. Look for Intel Driver && Support Assistant entry. Select it and click next. Follow instructions.
  4. Run again the Troubleshooter and select this time the "Uninstall" part. Look for Intel Driver && Support Assistant entry. Select it and click next. Follow instructions.

Leon

AlHill
Super User

Go into the control panel, and uninstall ALL versions of IDSA that you find in programs and features.

Then, run the IDSA uninstall tool.

Then reboot.

Are you running windows 10, 1909? If not, you should be.

Are you using any 3rd party anti-virus or firewall? Are you blocking any ports?

IDSA accesses localhost on posts 28385-28389. It also connects to www.intel.com, downloadcenter.intel.com, and downloadmirror.intel.com, all on port 443 (HTTPS).

Then, try installing IDSA again

Doc

Micron
New Contributor I

Hey Guys,

I am using Windows 10 v1909 (Build 18363.628) I tried installing it in safe mode, also on the normal boot with Bitdefender Total Security 2020 Disabled and no ports are being blocked and there is no port remapping either.

@LWAKSMAN I already ran that tool and the Driver & Support Assistant is not listed in Install or Uninstall. I even ran the old Windows Install Cleanup Utility.

Here's what happens. Note I had ran the Uninstaller and rebooted first: https://youtu.be/iqMjgl3BK0E

Thanks.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Michael,

1. I've informed the IDSA Team about problem you have.
  2. In you video I don't see that you are rebooting your computer after using the latest uninstaller. Do you?

Regards

Leon

Micron
New Contributor I

Thank you. As I mentioned in my post and in the video that I had ran the uninstall tool first and rebooted before I recorded the video. I have tried all that I can, but there's obviously some residual install information left behind that's preventing me from reinstalling. I also looked to see if there were any switches I can use to force the install via the command line, but I couldn't find any and as I also stated, I have no issues with any other program, just seems to be with the Intel installer, which really should give options to reinstall or repair.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Michael,

Please attach to your post the DSAUninstaller.log

Thanks

Leon

Micron
New Contributor I

Hey Leon,

Thanks. Logs are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEMOvG4WN9QgqtTK0eEcWjFqT8Jgg?e=P7uCfF

I included the DSAUninstaller as well as a new Intel System Support Utility log.

Mike.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Thank you, I'll pass it to the DSA team.

Leon

AlHill
Super User

Do a windows reset, or a clean install. And, uninstall bitdefender as a test.

Doc

Micron
New Contributor I

I can't do that at the moment due to my work schedule, I rarely have time to breathe. I'm just going to have to leave it for now. I have no issue with installing or uninstalling anything else, just this and I have the MSI Live Update installed that will warn me of any out of date drivers anyway.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Mike,

Developers also want to see the logs from the %TEMP% folder. Can you please upload those also? The %TEMP% folder should be like this: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp (replace "Mike" with correct user name)

Of course, I mean only the IDSA logs. You may pack them in a zip file and upload.

Tanks again

Leon

Micron
New Contributor I

Sorry for the late response, we were away filming. All logs are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhEMOvG4WN9QgqtTK0eEcWjFqT8Jgg?e=qsa9Ii

LeonWaksman
Super User

Have sent the log file to the IDSA team. Once I have some news from them, will inform you about.

Regards

Leon

Micron
New Contributor I

Thank you. Any word back?

LeonWaksman
Super User

No news yet. As I wrote, they have the logs you sent and probably are working on new version. I'm monitoring this and will inform you soon as I have some news.

In this forum I can see that you are not the only one, still having problem with IDSA.

Regards

Leon

Micron
New Contributor I

Thanks very much. I'm also glad that it's not just me. If you need any further information, please let me know. I tried to install it again earlier and it just wants to uninstall even though it is no longer on my system.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Michael,

I didn't received any new from the IDSA development team yet. However, new version of IDSA is released. Please download this new version (20.2.9.6) and try to install it. I would like to hear if it solve your problem.

Regards

Leon