Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

Cannot update bios in DG41TX motherboards

Hi, we have a problem with some DG41TX mobos, when I try to update with .exe method, the system reboots, and does not start to update. With 'F7' method and booting to msdos to try "iflash2 /p tx0052.bio" the result is the same. And typing "iflash2 /s" shows "Last flash update ended with error 0015h". We never had this problem with other models. What could I do?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Valued Contributor II

You'll need to make sure you have any antivirus and utility software completely turned off during the BIOS update procedure. I had such issues on a couple of occasions with my DG45ID and turning off my av software made all the difference. I could have used one of the other BIOS update methods apart from Express but the challenge of resolving the problem led me to work out what was responsible

0 Kudos
Community Manager

As I wrote before, I've tried with F7 method and trying with MSDOS command with no positive result. There is no antivirus software to disable because in both cases it is not present.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor I

KIWI I'm glad to see you using my recommendation , About disabling , Security software when updating BIOS , I recently did a test on a laptop I replaced the motherboard in , and it had Norton 360.5 on it and I forgot my own rule , tried to flash the BIOS ,It got half way through and stoped dead , I removed the COMOS Battery , disabled Norton , started the re flash worked perfect , Just goes to prove that antivirous software can interfer with a BIOS update.

0 Kudos
Community Manager

...There is no antivirus installed on system drive.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor I

Have you tried downloading the ( EXE .flie ) and running it from the desktop.

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor I

You did not say what OS you have installed and what mode , AHCI , is perfered , IDE or RAID ??

0 Kudos
Community Manager

.EXE file was the first option, and drives were configured for IDE.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Community Manager

how to solve audio device AC97 modem function disable as from bios of reboot into intel desktop board D845 WN

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Pardon? I could not understand... Sorry.

0 Kudos