cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Change IRQ on motherboard BH85DL

Jump to solution

Hello, I bought a motherboard (BH85DL) two months ago and I want to make hardware virtualization. Unfortunately, I shared with my USB and PCI IRQ. There is no conflict but to transfer the PCI to my virtual machine, it should not be shared (Virutalbox (linux) and Xen (linux)).

I installed windows to change the IRQ time but there is no conflict, I can not change: x

How can I change the IRQ of the USB for transferring my PCI in my virtual machine?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Ronron, I would need to inform you that IRQ settings cannot be changed in the system BIO, IRQ's are designated by the operating system.

In the BIOS you may set IRQ priority; however, the operating system will override the BIOS settings and reset the IRQ's.

If you wish to assign the IRQ's manually, we would recommend contacting the Operating System Developer for assistance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Ronron, I would need to inform you that IRQ settings cannot be changed in the system BIO, IRQ's are designated by the operating system.

In the BIOS you may set IRQ priority; however, the operating system will override the BIOS settings and reset the IRQ's.

If you wish to assign the IRQ's manually, we would recommend contacting the Operating System Developer for assistance.

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Thank you, sylvia for your quick response.

In fact, I do not have a conflict between my video aquisition card and my USB port (they are shared IRQ). I wanted to move the IRQ of my USB port on my motherboard intel card to a number more top 5 or 6. I'm afraid if I move the IRQ of my card aquistion, my software does not work .

The aim here is to virtualize a production unit by the VT-d (hardware virtualization).

I am under linux, you can can I move the USB IRQ? And like to do? : p