Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Change the bios boot picture on version 0070 bios DQ67OW

I have a DQ67OW board now i can change the bios boot picture on version 0068 as the file includes a itk file to use with the intel intergrator tool however i cant change version 0069 or 0070 bios as the downloads dont include a itk file so how do i cange the boot image on them?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

You need the ITK:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023875/mini-pcs.html

However, where you can get it for the older boards I do not know.

There is one person here who may have more information.

Doc

@n.scott.pearson​ 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks i sent him a message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

After the release of the 8 Series boards in 2013, Intel's Desktop Boards business was shut down. At the same time, support for ITK was terminated. Subsequently, because of their Security commitments, Intel produced updates to many of the boards' BIOSs, in order to release updated processor microcode and updated Management Engine (ME) firmware. Because support for ITK had been terminated long before, however, no ITK support files were produced for any of these BIOS updates.

For your situation, there is some (well, sort of) good news here. The BIOS updates included only updated microcode and/or firmware; no other changes, fixes or enhancements, were made to the BIOS. As a result, the format of the BIOS Configuration remains consistent with previous BIOS releases. If you create and install an ITK-customized release of the last BIOS for which you have an .ITK file, the customizations will persist across all subsequent BIOS updates. Unfortunately, if you have already installed a subsequent BIOS update that includes updated ME firmware, you will not be able to install this ITK-customized BIOS release.

Hope this helps,

...S

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply.

I updated to the latest bios file version 0070 and you were right everything was still there picture and settings that i set in version 0068 :)

0 Kudos