Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
11478 Discussions

Cold double boot on Z390 chipsets

pfolzini
Beginner

Hi, I've got a NVMe disc (Samsung) on a board with your Z390 chipset (Gigabyte Aorus Pro).

It seems that all that motherboards (Z390 chipset), no matter witch brand (Asus, Gigabyte, Asrock), after a power loss do a boot control, switching on the PC for 3 / 5 seconds. After that the system shut down and then boots normally to Windows. This is called "cold double boot"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_boot

My problem is that after this control diagnostic softwares (HD Sentinel, Samsung Magician ecc) show an increasing number of "unsafe shutdown" or "unsafe powerloss" events of the NVMe .

Do you think is it normal? Should I have to worry about this?

The only way to avoid this check is to disable ERP function from BIOS (and I want to keep it ON).

Thanx for help

Paolo - PC Service - Italy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

But, you do not have an Intel Desktop Board.

Is your Gigabyte bios up to date?

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

pfolzini
Beginner

Sorry, I understand it's not an Intel board, but before you I asked to Gigabyte (no support and a loss of time).

My Bios is up to date.

These are the specs of the build:

Motherboard: Z390 AORUS PRO (1.0) BIOS Ver: f12l (in this moment I downgraded it to F9 because is more stable)
VGA: Sapphire RX 570 Nitro
CPU: i7 9700K
Operating System: Win 10 64-bit
RAM: Kingston 16GB 3200 Mhz
Power Supply: Corsair TX 750 
NVMe: Samsung EVO 970

I know a lot of people who have this problem and, after lots of posts, my opinion is that is not a bug or a problem, but simply an integrity check.

I also know people who sent their mobo (RMA) as suggested by the vendor (for example Gigabyte), and have back another one with the same problem.

At the moment I'm not able to send a report using Intel utility (this evening I'll do and send).

Thanx for your support

pfolzini
Beginner

Hi, here's the SSU report