cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBhat14
Beginner

Compatibility of win 10 pro 64 bit

Jump to solution

i am using intel DH61WW..board...will it support windows 10 pro 64 bit??

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

No, Windows 10 is not supported on this desktop board.

Now, that does not mean that W10 will not run. It will.

Provide your complete processor model number for more information. And, if you have an add-on graphics card, you are better off than you might expect.

Doc

View solution in original post

30 Replies
AlHill
Super User

No, Windows 10 is not supported on this desktop board.

Now, that does not mean that W10 will not run. It will.

Provide your complete processor model number for more information. And, if you have an add-on graphics card, you are better off than you might expect.

Doc

View solution in original post

SBhat14
Beginner
AlHill
Super User

That is correct - there are no Windows 10 drivers because WINDOWS 10 IS NOT SUPPORTED.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/desktop-board... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/desktop-board...

Any drivers available are part of the Windows 10 install. Just Install Windows 10, noting that there is NO SUPPORT.

Then, go to nvidia.com and get the windows 10 driver for your graphics card.

You should have little trouble.

Doc

SBhat14
Beginner

i got a cd with the desktop board.will this ok?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, you don't need that CD. All you need it the Windows 10 install media (DVD or USB key).

...S

SBhat14
Beginner

i already owned the key as well as usb 3.0 bootable drive which includes win 10 pro 64 bit.full version.but only the problem is driver compatibility .for this particular board intel realesed max win 8.1 driver..

n_scott_pearson

You are not paying attention! You were just told that you don't need any additional drivers.

Windows 10 has all the drivers that you need built in. Just install it.

...S

SBhat14
Beginner

you also told me this board dosent support 10.as intel not released win 10 driver for this board...but windows 10 built in all driver such network..lan chipset like which is mandatory?

n_scott_pearson

That is correct; there is no support, but Microsoft provides compatibility drivers to support legacy boards such as this. They don't yield optimal performance, but they do work for the most part. You do need to understand, however, that, without support, if something doesn't work, you have no recourse.

...S

SBhat14
Beginner

ok..so where i will get compatibility drivers?

n_scott_pearson

We told you already; they are on the Windows 10 installation media. Just install Windows 10.

...S

SBhat14
Beginner

ok..so need to download and install any driver from anywhere?..just do windows install and that all..all mandatory driver will came automatically?

SBhat14
Beginner

sorry i just wanted to say no need to downlaod and install any driver from anywhere?

n_scott_pearson

Correct. All necessary drivers are either already on the Windows 10 installation media or will be downloaded from Windows Update as part of the Windows 10 installation process.

Once the Windows 10 installation process has completed, a quick check in Device Manager will tell you if any drivers are missing.

...S

SBhat14
Beginner

ok if found all drivers are there,then there are no problem..but if found any one missing then what can i do?

n_scott_pearson

Well, if that happens, there is nothing you can do about it (there simply are no alternative drivers). I wouldn't worry about this, however, it shouldn't happen. The WW board does not have any fancy hardware that might require additional drivers.

One additional recommendation: After Windows 10 is installed, download the very latest GeForce driver package for Windows 10 from NVIDIA's web site and install it.

...S

SBhat14
Beginner

ok..but geoforce driver cd already came with the package.so that will not work on 10?currently i am using this cd on my win 7 64 bit system.

n_scott_pearson

No, don't use the GeForce CD. It has very old drivers on it. Download the latest from the web and install it.

...S

SBhat14
Beginner

so this is same rule for all dektop and laptop?.i mean windows 10 contents all drivers itself..?

n_scott_pearson

For systems that are this old and have no direct Windows 10 support, yes, it is the same.

Look, you are wasting my time as well as yours. Go install Windows 10 and get it over with.

...S