Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

D2500cc : strange tic-tac sound in off

Jump to solution

I have a new D2500cc motherboard.

There is an strange sound "tic-tac" very similar to a clock but only when the computer is off. This sound disappear when I start the machine.

When the computer is off, the sound only can be silenced unplugging the power cable (well.. you can think it sounds logical but I'm in the point to consider alternative realities).

Motherboard is configured fanless. To limit the problem I have unplugged all the peripherals except one SIMM memory, and the sound still persist.

A memory test on this SIMM notices no problem. I have updated BIOS to the later revision. I have set the fan speed to zero inside BIOS without success.

I don't know what happens. I cannot find any explanation for this strange sound inside the Intel guides neither internet

Motherboard is new. Please, some help!!

This is the present configuration:

Motherboard: Intel D2500cc

PicoPSU 90w 12v

SIMM Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G (2GB 1333MHz DDR3)

... no more things.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Hello Cvince,

Here are our recommendations for this issue:

- Test the system out of the chassis.

- Test a different power supply if possible or power outlet to narrow the issue.

- Try to identify where the sound is coming from in the board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Cvince,

Here are our recommendations for this issue:

- Test the system out of the chassis.

- Test a different power supply if possible or power outlet to narrow the issue.

- Try to identify where the sound is coming from in the board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Hello,

the sound comes from the motherboard speaker. With motherboard out of the chassis the problem remains.

I have record the sound and upload it. You can listen here:

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16961918/motherboard_sound http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16961918/motherboard_sound

after 20-30 minutes the sound vanishes. What it can be?. Until today the motherboard works right.

I have another 400w power-supply for testing but I'm not sure if I can plug it to this mini-itx motherboard

Please, If you think the motherboard is damaged tell me something to ask dealer for a replacement.

thanks for your help!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Hello Cvince,

We would like to inform that there is no specific reason for that sound coming from the board speaker. You can proceed to check your warranty options to replace the board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

ok, thanks for your answer.

I will go for a replacement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
1 View

I had the same sound om my D2500CC, removed the jumper above the speaker and the sound vanished. I think it has something to do with the power supply, PicoPSU.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 View

Thanks for the information Backard,

Please let me know if you are able to test another power supply?

Also please test the board out of the chassis with minimum configuration to discard any grounding issue.

Please make sure you are using the latest BIOS version and drivers.

Regards.

0 Kudos