cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

D525MW - boot from USB

Hi!

I have a D525MW board and I would like to boot it from USB. Unfortunately I currently do not have a screen available to make all the appropriate settings.

What I have is a USB stick with an installation of Ubuntu. I want to stick it into one of the front USB ports. Here is my first question:

If I want to boot from the USB stick, which USB headers do I have to connect to the front panel? The black or brown ones? Or does it not matter?

Now after I got that settled, does the board automatically boot from USB? Or do I have to activate that from the BIOS? Is it possible to activate this without using a screen?

Thank you already!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello,

If you are looking to boot up from an USB stick, we recommend using the USB connectors located on the back panel for the board. Go to the BIOS set up menu by pressing F2 during boot up, go to "boot" tab and make sure "USBboot" is enabled.

Highlighted
Community Manager

ok, thank you already, Dan.

I have two more questions:

1) Why do you recommend using the connectors on the back panel?

2) Is USBboot by any chance enabled by default? As I wrote, I do not have a screen available, so I cannot access the BIOS.

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

- Is just a general recommendation, if you are looking to use the front panel you can use it as well.

- "USBboot" option is disabled by default.

0 Kudos