Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

D945GCFG1

Hi, I'm trying to find out what memory is compatible with my motherboard. As far as I can tell (from opening the computer and looking at the motherboard), the motherboard model number is D945GCFG1. But I can't find any info on D945GCFG1 on the Intel website. Can anyone help me/point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

You will have to look in discontinued boards to find the info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

I found a G2 but not a G1 , But anyway it said DDR2-667 at 1.8 volts.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Dear Robert Gifford,

Thank you so much for your help. I tried looking in the discontinued boards as well as the current boards, but I could not find this model number.

Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks again. Can we assume the specs for G2 is the same for G1? And where did you find that information? I'm not very knowlegable about computers. A Gateway support person told me that the memory in my computer was 533 MHz. Another issue I wanted to resolve was that Gateway used DDR2 PC-4200 to describe my memory while another website said DDR2 PC2-5300. (I don't know what these numbers mean). Anyway, I'm trying to figure out the range of what's compatible with my computer, so that when I look to buy memory, I will know what will work and what won't. But right now, I'm still confused and uncertain.

Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

The 4200 has a CAS of 4 , the 5300 has a CAS of 5 , I would stick to the DDR2-533, PC2-4200.

0 Kudos