Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

DB75EN Fan Alarm won't shut off.

I have a DB75EN installed with 4G of DDR3 and a SandyBridge i3 Processor installed using Windows XP 32bit and the latest BIOS installed. While leaving it on overnight, an alarm blares from the MB and I discovered if I use Desktop Utilities I can reset the Fan Sensor to shut off the alarm. Is there

a BIOS setting I might have missed disabling to shut that alarm off?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III
1 View

1. What type of alarm are you getting from the system? Is there a message with it? if so, what does the message say and where is it shown (while posting/in the operating system)?

2. What specific setting in Intel(R) Desktop Utilities are you using to shut off the alarm?

3. How many fans are connected to the system and were are they connected specifically?

4. Is the system left overnight doing a given task or just hibernating/sleeping?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

Constant squeal (beep) No message in XP with it. I have to select Options, Set sensor threshold, fans redetect.

to shut off the beep. If I leave the computer on over a couple hours or overnight it will start. Almost like an overheat detection. I have the CPU fan and a chassis fan connected to the rear chassis fan port., both running normally and no blockage. I tried to disable the alarms in the BIOS, however, the latest version of the BIOS does not offer any selection to disable the power/fan alarm (at least I can't find it).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

Also, the computer is set to always on, no hibernation or sleeping.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III
1 View

Does this behavior replicate when using Microsoft* Windows* 8 or Microsoft* Windows* 7?

I would like to make sure that this is not a compatibility problem somehow as this motherboard is not validated for Microsoft* Windows* XP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice
1 View

I swapped the CPU fan out with a new intel cpu fan. So far no alarm yet. Ill keep you posted. Thanks!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor III
1 View

Alright. I appreciate your feedback.

0 Kudos