Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DRAJA1
Beginner

DB85FL: BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s). Possible....

Dear All,

History: System was fine with windows 7, 64 bit until I have installed windows 10 tech preview....I have installed via usb device....during installation, somehow My HDD partitions have been converted into GPT...somehow I didn't like windows 10 because of some games not being installed, so I wanted to install windows 7. The problem started from here.

I have presently wireless keyboard and mouse.

Now when I power on I get this message:

After Pressing Y I get F2/F6/ctrl+2 options but none of them is working....I don't know whether my keyboard is working or not....so I put usb keyboard....but same problem.....system restarts restarts and restarts....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Drspanda, thank you very much for joining the Intel community.

This kind of behavior could be cause by a device such as memory or a network card that is not letting the system to finish posting correctly or it is not being properly detected by the operating system.

How long ago did you start getting this error?

Could you please provide me the system configuration?

• Motherboard BIOS version:
  • Processor:
  • Memory model number:
  • Video card:
  • Any PCI devices:
  • Hard drives:

If you are able to access the BIOS please try the following:

• Go into Bios
  • Restore all to Default
  • And click Performance / Summary
  • Then unpick Failsafe Watchdog
  • Then reboot.

Let me know if it works.

DRAJA1
Beginner

Dear sylvia,

My problem was solved....I removed hard disk and switched on the PC (with jumper bios 2 to 3)....then system asked for bootable media....from this behaviour I guessed the problem is with hard disk I had put another hard disk and started installing windows....everything is fine undid the jumper settings....

I had formatted the original hard disk in another PC and am using it....Mainly the MBR has got problem....

Thanks for the forum.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for sharing the information Drspanda.

svasa3
Beginner

I have done the same you advised, but pls note earlier PC used to reboot 10~15 times and login in but now after all those steps you advised now stop rebooting but no display.

Pls advise urgently.