Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11360 Discussions

DB85FL: BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s).

JHuss2
Beginner

Hello,

after installing alot of engineering softwares such as matlab and solidworks, this message started to pop out every time i turn on my computer:

bios has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s) (...) press y to enter setup or N to cancel and to boot with previous settings.

well, it was working fine at the beginning when i press n it restarts and when i press y it goes to bios setup, but after few days my computer started to take alot of time to turn on it was like it keeps restarting every 5 seconds, and when i get this message if i press y it freezes and n it restarts, and if it worked and launched, the resolution would be really bad as if there is no vga detected. i tried formatting and the same thing didnt change but got worse.

my vga is nvidia gtx 670 with 16 gb ram envy hyperx and a db85l intel.

please if anyone knows how to fix it let me know.

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may remove power and CMOS battery for twenty minutes and/or try a BIOS recovery.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS Update