Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLaus2
Novice

DB85FL: doesn't stay powered down

Jump to solution

Hello,

since BIOS 0021 my DB85FL doesn't stay off when the OS is shut down. It switches off, stays off for

roughly 2-3 seconds and poweres on again. WOL is disabled, as are all other features, boot es pure EFI (no legacy).

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SBusc1
Novice

I Had the same problem after updating from BIOS 0019 to 0124. I hit F2 while booting and got into the Bios. I enabled the Fastboot option. Problem solved and Windows 7 boots to the sign-on page in 25 seconds. If I need to get into the bios again, I must hold in the power button until 3 beeps are heard.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
AScot
New Contributor II

Is it fully shutdown, or do you have windows configured to sleep/hibernate when choosing to shut down?

If it is just going to sleep/hibernate, there are a lot of things which can "wake" the system. Open a command prompt and try the command "powercfg lastwake" to see what device last woke the system.

If it is fully shutdown, then I have no idea what could turn it on except WOL, which you've already disabled.

MLaus2
Novice

Yes it's a full shutdown, no sleep. As I mentioned, the BIOS version the board came with (0019) didn't have this problem, but all versions since then. I made this thread so that maybe one Intel engineer can take a look, it's rather annoying.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi mlauss,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems but let me help you.

There are some steps I would like you to do for troubleshooting steps based on all the information you have provided:

1. Make sure you have all drivers updated in your system.

2. Update the BIOS to the latest. I recommend you installing the bios updates in order from the oldest to the latest version. Here you have the link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=DB85FL https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=DB85FL

3. Reset the default settings in the BIOS.

If you are having problems after updating all drivers, please post your dxdiag report here.

MLaus2
Novice

Hello Kevin,

1) all up to date,

2) 0123 is already installed.

the board did power off and stay off with 0019. Unfortunately, I can't downgrade any more since 0021

3) did that, didn't help

System String is: DB85FL, BIOS FLB8510H.86A.0123.2013.1213.1449 12/13/2013

CPU is: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi mlauss,

Thanks for the information but Can you please post your dxdiag report here?

How to get it?

Type "dxdiag" in the start menu> Open it> Save> Copy/paste

I also want to confirm with you what do you mean the system does not power down. Do you mean you shut it down and it restarts?

Have you tested a different power supply in your system?

MLaus2
Novice

Again: Since BIOS 0021 the board shuts down completely (i.e. powers off), stays that way for 3 seconds,

and powers on again for a normal bootup of the os.

On BIOS 0019 (which it came with), it shut off correctly and stayed that way until I pushed the power button again.

Power supply is fine; it works on 2 other boards I have.

What information do you need from dxdiag? I don't use windows.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi mlauss,

We have not received reports from other customers related to this problem.

I recommend you testing the system with a supported operating system (windows version).

I also recommend you disabling as per troubleshooting purposes the Wake on LAN option at the BIOS level. In the case the issue persist, please contact your local support for a possible replacement.

MLaus2
Novice

*sigh* This is the reason I avoid mentioning that I don't windows. Because the problem description is completely ignored and the "unsupported OS" becomes the sole focus. Fine.

SBusc1
Novice

I Had the same problem after updating from BIOS 0019 to 0124. I hit F2 while booting and got into the Bios. I enabled the Fastboot option. Problem solved and Windows 7 boots to the sign-on page in 25 seconds. If I need to get into the bios again, I must hold in the power button until 3 beeps are heard.

View solution in original post