Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBarr4
Beginner

DC3217iYE IP Addressable?

Trying to put a static IP in the just acquired DC3217iYe and can't find any instructions. Is this addressable and if so how?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What environment are you asking about? Windows?

DBarr4
Beginner

I was just given the device by our elevator company and told to make it work. I am trying to find some way to access it using the ethernet port. It does not seem to be issuing any addresses and I've scanned the most common 192.168 networks while plugged in to it. I need to set a static IP and just looking for how to access the configuration.

DBarr4
Beginner

And, yes, I am using Windows to try to access it. Thanks,

AlHill
Super User

On Windows, go to the Network and Sharing Center (in the control panel), change adapter settings, then right-click on the adapter, and select properties.

Then, select IPv4 and click on properties.

Then, select USE The FOLLOWING IP ADDRESS.

Then, enter the IP address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway IP.

You will probably want to go further and enter static addresses for the DNS server as well.

After this, just restart the machine.

Is this what you were looking for?

Doc

DBarr4
Beginner

No. I have the DC317 sitting here. Ethernet cable running between it and my laptop. I know how to set IP addresses but do not know how to get into the DC3217 to do it. Thanks

AlHill
Super User

First, is the cable a regular cable or a cross-over cable? If it is not a cross-over cable, you can stop now.

I do not know what you mean by "how to get into it".

If I were going to use static addresses, I would boot the device, edit the IP address as I said, restart each device, and test.

I would, if I did not have a x-over cable, use two Ethernet cables and a switch.

If properly set up, you should see each the device on the network.

If you do not have a keyboard and monitor on the nuc, you need to. Unless, you can remote desktop to the nuc, in which case you would already be able to "get into it".

Doc

n_scott_pearson

In order to access remotely (i.e. over LAN cable), you need to have Windows Professional/Ultimate/Enterprise installed and you need to have Remote Desktop support enabled. You can then use DHCP or Static IP to sets its IP address...

...S

DBarr4
Beginner

It is a regular cable. I will put a switch in between as that is all I have are pre-made regular cables and give that a try. Is there a default IP address on the DC3217? I am very used to setting up PCs but with a monitor & keyboard. The DC 3127 I was given is a box with USB ports and the one ethernet port. I'm still not sure how I am supposed to access network setting via the ethernet connection unless I know the address and can RDP to it.

I appreciate the responses from all but this was dumped on me with no notice and I'm gettng zero help form the vendor who dropped it off. I don't actually know what the DC3217 is, just that I'm supposed to set a static IP address for it.

DBarr4
Beginner

I have everything I need on the laptop that I'm using to try to access the DC3217, To use RDP I need a name or IP to remote to and I don't know either for the DC3217.

n_scott_pearson

Hhmmm, I am not sure I follow. Here is picture of the DC3217IYE box:

It has connectors for one or two HDMI monitors and USB ports for the connection of keyboard and mouse.

n_scott_pearson

Normally, you would open this box, add memory and SSD, connect monitor and keyboard/mouse. Powering on, you can hit F2 to enter BIOS setup. Otherwise, insert USB key with Windows installation software on it and install the O/S...

...S

n_scott_pearson

To be more complete, the box has internal PCIe sockets for adding in a wireless card and an mSATA SSD and DRAM sockets for one or two 1.5V DDR3 SODIMMs.

DBarr4
Beginner

Scott - thanks. With no documentation I was relying n bad info that the vendor told me about the HDMI ports. I had to go grad a spare TV and connect the DC3217 to that and now can set the static IP. Sorry to all if I wasn't clear on the issue. It looks like this is going to work. Thanks again.

n_scott_pearson

idata
Community Manager

Thanks to all the peer for the help.

DBarry I noticed that our peers provided some good suggestions, and I also noticed that you got the configuration going, so I wanted to let you know that if you need further assistance on any other matter just let us know.

Regards,

Amy.