Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DG31PR with 4 GB memory, audio is not detected by OS

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the following configuration on my desktop.

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo,

Desktop Board : Intel Desktop Board DG31PR

Memory : 2 GB, Transend DDR2 667 Mhz

Once I added one more RAM stick with same configuration in another slot, I see in BIOS memory is 4 GB, and also in OS memory is 4 GB but I see my OS doesn't recognise any audio driver, I see a message "No Audio Device Installed". Once I remove any one RAM stick, the OS now works find with the audio. I have not yet updated BIOS, as I don't see any update version supports Windows 8 Pro.

So could any one please tell me that how can I resolve this issue, if BIOS update is the option then should I go with the latest update available, even if it's not mentioned Windows 8.

Regards

Sanjib Harchowdhury

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JBish3
New Contributor II

Hi Sanjib,

As for your mbd first BIOS release was on 2007. So its better to update you BIOS first to the latest one i.e 0071. See if your problem remains same . If it is then change the OS.

As far as my exp RAM is not creating this issue. But if you still want to confirm than use different model, Just make sure.

Thanks,

J.Bisht

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JBish3
New Contributor II

Hi Sanjib,

As for your mbd first BIOS release was on 2007. So its better to update you BIOS first to the latest one i.e 0071. See if your problem remains same . If it is then change the OS.

As far as my exp RAM is not creating this issue. But if you still want to confirm than use different model, Just make sure.

Thanks,

J.Bisht

View solution in original post