Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vxz
Beginner

DG33BU does not see more than 2 GB of RAM

The motherboard DG33BU is 2 x 1GB DDR2. When adding any modules start, but on the monitor a black screen. The board sees 2GB modules, but only one. In the default configuration, reset the permutation jumper. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What are the part numbers of these DIMMs?

n_scott_pearson

And what version of the BIOS do you have installed? [hint: hopefully DP0572P.BIO, full string: DPP3510J.86A.0572.2009.0715.2346]

vxz
Beginner

Bios - DPP3510J.86A.0305.2007.1112.1145

vxz
Beginner

All tested modules work in any combination with each other. But only if the installed capacity is not more than 2 GB. All modules PC 6400 and have timings 6-6-6-18.

n_scott_pearson

Ok, you seem to be running a very old version of the BIOS. I suggest that you upgrade the BIOS to the latest version and then try again.

...S

vxz
Beginner

This motherboard supports 8GB on any BIOS version. I tried to flash the latest BIOS version. After the BIOS update starts, the board reboots, the cooler of the case rotates, the CPU cooler does not spin. And nothing happens. Tried both from under Windows, and from under DOS. Tried it in recovery mode. I tried with a flash drive, I tried with CD-ROM.

vxz
Beginner

I managed to install 4 GB of RAM, and different modules, with different timings, in dual-channel mode. I took out a discrete graphics card, and a miracle! My system started at 4 GB. Then I put back the video card and the system runs on 4 GB of RAM.