Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DG33FB - is there a way of using the PCIe x16 slot without disabling the onboard graphics?

Hi,

I had a thread over here: which was partially answered by Dan_Intel but it's not quite answered my question.

It appears that when a card is installed into the PCIe x 16 slot, it automatically disables the onboard graphics. Is there a way of getting around this so a SAS card can be used without disabling the onboard graphics?

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately this feature is not supported on this Intel(R) 3 Series Chipset Desktop board.

The Switchable Graphics feature is supported only for certain motherboards with the Intel® Z68 and Z77 Express Chipset.

idata
Community Manager

That's not quite what I mean either.

I don't want to use a graphics card in the PCIe x16 slot, I want to use a SATA/SAS storage card in it. Problem is, when I put the SATA/SAS card into the PCIe x16 slot, it disables the onboard graphics, which results in no video output.

Please tell me if I need to clarify further.

Cheers,

Martin

idata
Community Manager

Hello, the onboard graphics are disabled as the plug an play id from your controller card is similar to the one found on a video card.

In BIOS under the advanced tab ( configuration ) you should have the option to set the graphics preferences, in there set only the onboard.

Also on the security tab you should have an option called expansion card text, please try enabling it, this sometimes allows the cards to be recognized properly.

Regards.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks Victor, I'll try that tonight (in about 5-7 hours).

Regards,

Martin