Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LGODI
Beginner

DG41 will not boot on USB flash Drive

I have both DG41TY and DG41TX INTEL motherboard. In the BIOS Boot Menu, I enabled all the 4 options in the menu "Boot to Removable Devices", "Boot USB device first", "USB Boot" and "UEFI Boot". It will go to the USB flash drive and the curser will just blink and not boot. I tested the flash drive on another motherboard with different chipset and the USB flash drive works. All the INTEL 41 chipset motherboard doesn't seem to boot on USB flash drive, even if it is enable in the BIOS. Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What are you booting to? Do you need UEFI enabled? Likely, this is the cause of the problem...

...Scott

P.S. If you are just going to boot from a flash stick once in a while - and you still might want to have, say, a USB HDD connected sometimes, I would say do not enable "Boot USB Device First". You can always use F10 to select to boot from the USB flash stick...

LGODI
Beginner

Scott, I did enabled UEFI Boot. It see the USB flash drive, F10. I select the USB flash drive and it goes to the USB and the curser just blinks. I know the USB flash drive is good because tested it on other INTEL motherboards with the 61 and 87 chipset, and it works.