Did you mean: 
EKivi
Beginner

DG41WV + Nvidia HD Audio

Card: Geforce 210

Motherboard: Intel DG41WV

CPU: Intel E8400

TV: HDMI output to Samsung TV

The end user said they disabled the HD audio in the playback devices, since then nvidia HD audio is MIA

When the TV is connected it shows up in the nvidia control panel under the Set up digital audio, but no audio goes through.

Tried clean driver install, when running the geforce custom driver installation it doesn't even give the HD Audio option.

Computer does not detect the HD audio component of the card.

Tried with different nvidia cards(anoter 210 and a 630), same issue.

Did a fresh win7 install on diff HDD same issue.

Replaced Motherboard(same model), same issue.

Replaced RAM, same issue.

Replaced PSU, same issue.

Replaced CPU, same issue.

Tested card on different PC works fine.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Argo,

Based on your steps, I recommend you updating the bios to the latest one we currently have. You can get at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21330&ProdId=3246&lang=eng&OSVersion...

Besides the step above, you can also try updating the graphics card by installing a firmware.

EKivi
Beginner

thanks for the responce

I forgot to mention that it's already running latest bios, both current board and previous one

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Argo,

I am afraid to say that there are no drivers for this board for win 8. The latest drivers we have are for win 7. I recommend you testing the system with the supported drivers and it is also important to say that installing a firmware update for the card can be very helpful.

EKivi
Beginner

As said in original post:

Did a fresh win7 install on diff HDD same issue.

Tried with different nvidia cards(anoter 210 and a 630), same issue.

Tested card on different PC works fine

ZAgha
New Contributor II

It doesn't add up.

I would have told you to make sure through the sound CPL to show disabled devices. However, since you did a fresh install of Windows & all the proper drivers would you please try this:

Do you know how to use the PSR "Problem Steps Recorder" in Windows?

If yes please record it & upload the ZIP file.

DSx
Beginner

Hello Argo,

First, I would like to say that I know this is a very old post and that I should let it die, however, after breaking my head for several hours I thought it would be interesting to share the solution to this problem.

This is due to the fact that your BIOS version is very updated. Allow me to explain.

If you look at the Bios Release Notes of your motherboard, you will notice that in the version 0016 the devs have implemented the following fix:

BIOS Version 0016 - WVG4110H.86A.0016.2011.0414.1502 - "Fixed issue where PCI graphics card causes board not to boot."

It happens that they messed up something and generated a conflict with the Nvidia video cards. Personally, I had problems with the 8400GS and the 550TI.

Long story short, if you downgrade your BIOS to the version 0015, the HDMI Audio will work correctly.

It is likely that you have already solved this problem or simply changed the motherboard (since it's been 3 years), but I think this answer can help you to give a proper end to this story.

Best regards.

Miguel_C_Old
Employee

Hi Daiko,

Thank you for your feedback.

Just bear on mind this board is old; it supports external graphics cards with PCIe 1.0 x 16.

Regards,

Mike C