Check the CPU temperature in the BIOS, from Advanced >> Hardware Monitoring.
Check the Thermal Specification for the CPU if it is still within the range of operation.
Get your CPU sl number and search in the link below.
If it is much over the range then, check the following:
Do a CMOS clear and Download the latest BIOS and update it thru recovery mode
Make sure that you have a PSU Atx Version 2.2 at least.
Make sure that the chassis is TAC - Thermally Advantage Chassis
Check for proper aeration in the chassis. (cable)
Re-integrate the cpu with new small amount of thermal paste (clean the cpu before)
Check and test the system out of the chassis and see if it behaves the same way
3 Series and 4 Series (new boards) should use:
Intel Desktop Utilities:
Hope this helps a bit.
The ICH temperature is working within the threshold values which is up to 92 degrees Celsius
Now regarding the bios update:
Try a bios recovery using a formatted USB media.
Instructions for Recovery BIOS Updates
In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state.
The recovery process requires the chassis to be opened to remove the onboard BIOS Configuration Jumper.
Recovery with Formatted USB Stick
1. Copy the recovery file (*.bio) to a fat formatted usb disk or blank CD disk .
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?url=/14847/eng/TS0087P.BIO&DwnldId=14847&lang=eng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?url=/14847/eng/TS0087P.BIO&DwnldId=14847&lang=eng2. Place the usb disk in the target system.
3. Shut down the system and unplug AC power.
4. Open the chassis and remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. See the Technical Product Specification for details including the
location of this jumper.
5. Power the system on.
6. Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete. When the usb drive LED is lit, the system is copying the recovery code into the
7. System will either turn off when the recovery process is completed or it will prompt you to turn off the system.
8. Remove usb disk
9. Replace the BIOS Configuration Jumper.
10. Restart system.
Note: these can be found on:
Website: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17197/eng/BIOS%20Update%20Readme.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17197/eng/BIOS%20Update%20Readme.pdf
All the best,