Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

DG45ID -> RAM-Timings ; OC-Features in Bios?

Hello,

I have an DG45ID Board with a E6850 on it which is my HTPC. The runs without a problem But

I have installed A-Data-RAM with 4-4-4-12 Timing. But the board only supports a 5-5-5-12 Timing.

So do you think there is a possiblity that the board will get a better OC-Bios?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi there,

Most probably I think there would be an option in bios to change some memory settings however I would not recommend you to change these settings. Changing these settings may make the motherboard useless if they are wrongly configured and the board may never boot up again.

If your system is running fine I would suggest you leave it as it is. Else you could go for compatible memory modules that have officially been tested on this board. Link for tested memory: http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg45id/sb/CS-029147.htm

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Don't touch the DG45ID BIOS (or any other of series 45). It's a trap, your board died. Look at other posts about MEMORY+DG45ID+BIOS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I too suggest you not change the memory timing settings in the BIOS since I have read many other DG45ID owners having non-functional motherboards after they did. As one DG45ID owner put it, "this is one of the most pickiest motherboards" in terms of memory.

0 Kudos