Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
telistast
Novice

DG965SS BIOS?

Looking for BIOS versions 1577 & 1698 for this mobo DG965SS. If someone has them ALL it would be a miracle after Intel decided to delete them!
Labels (4)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your 15-year old motherboard has no real purpose in today's world.  Do you want the bios files only for some academic satisfaction, or do you have a real problem to solve?  Besides, these files can be found on the web.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

telistast
Novice

LOL...if this mobo has a purpose let me know it... If you have them go ahead...
AlHill
Super User

Then, look for those files on the web.

If you have a problem, provide detail.   There is no support for your board.

telistast
Novice

I dont have any problem...yet...on the internet i found only 2 versions 1699 & 1751 so i am looking for the others.
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Searching for MQ1577P.BIO and MQ1698.BIO, I see some places where these BIOS can be downloaded. It is all a matter of whether you trust the sites that are hosting these files.

...S

telistast
Novice

I have .exed the latest 1751 with no problems running a duo 6700 but i wanted to have the rest for backup. I also have the 1699.

AlHill
Super User

For your 2006 motherboard (read 15 years old), it is very likely you will soon experience component failure.  Backup bios files will not help you.  Keep a copy of your current bios.

Curious - what is your love affair with this board?

telistast
Novice

If i experience a component failure i ll get something else. It makes the job done for me and i dont need a new motherboard for now. As for mediocre you said i have here another pc here (brand new) with an Asus P5L-mx motherboard.  Except some features she is a bit more down compared to Dg965ss so i dont see the reason why i should switch to a newer mobo as far as it works for me. Also mine is a retail version with windows licence so maybe this another reason i keep her running. (12+ hours a day).

-I have BIOS versions 1751 installed and 1699 backed up too.

Tags (1)