Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DH55PJ Motherboard having problem with sata ports

A few days earlier I started having problems with my hdd, Im having 2 hdd 160gb(system) and 500gb another, got problem on 500gb, problem was hdd stops responding sometimes and started making noises.

So got it replaced adn now with a new 500gb hdd, having some other problems.

Sometimes(not always) the hdd would not respond. While it works fine with only one hdd.

Also getting problems with the writer(sata), i have changed the sata ports and also changed the wires dont know what is happening.

the writer stops responding sometimes resulting in corrupt burns and read problems.

While reading any cd.if it stops responding, i take out the cd/dvd but still computer hangs. Formatted my system but nothing helped.

Is it because of motherboard problem??

Please help me out.

Having real trouble working.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Suman, the issue that you are describing could be related to the motherboard SATA ports or the operating system.

Please test with a different power supply in case the problem is related to power and test the motherboard out of the chassis as a short could be affecting the motherboard.

If problem continues, make sure that you are using the latest BIOS and try a fresh install of the operating system. The weird part is that your system hard drive (160GB) is not being affected.

Regards.

idata
Community Manager

I am really unsure if power is causing trouble coz my pc runs almost 18-20hrs a day..which doest causes any problem.

Am also having a new problem..while booting my 160 starts making some noises(like its try to read d disk bt failing), and my booting stops at the windows loading screen.

This happens sometimes, n when it happens I remove d sata cable of both hdds and power it on and switch it off and plug in aging and power it on..it runs smoothly..dont know what is causing this problem

idata
Community Manager

It seems to me like the power supply could be the culprit.

Try with a different power supply that is higher wattage. The Clicking noise on the hard drives mean a bad head or lack of power.

Regards

idata
Community Manager

Recently My 160gb has stopped working..ie, I can hear it spinning bt as u said i hear a "clicking noise", and its not detected either.

WIll dis hdd repair?

Now im running only on 500gb hdd.

JBish3
New Contributor II

Hi Suman if possible kindly check scenarios mentioned below.

1. Did you tried booting by changing SATA port .. I mean if currently your 160 GB HDD is at SATA 1 then change to SATA 2. Make sure during this do not connect 500 GB HDD.

2. If above action worked then connect your 500 GB HDD in SATA 1 & 160 GB HDD in SATA 2 . Go inside CMOS and set 160 GB HDD in HDD boot priority.

Note : DH55PJ having 4 SATA port so if SATA 1 & 2 doesn't work then try the same scenerio in SATA 3 & SATA 4.

Also if you share the config your system it will be much better..

idata
Community Manager

Yes I have tried the things already you have mentioned above, but it didnt helped. Im guessing it may b sata port issue.

Having problems when More than 1 sata devices are connected, tough not always. Sometimes it works completely fine and sometimes it wont even start.

JBish3
New Contributor II

Hmmm.. clear on point to me first .. is your 160 GB HDD working fine alone ?